Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online readings (and laser card)

Options
  • 10-01-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Does any one know where you can get a good online reading that accepts laser card? Someone here kindly pm'd me where they found good readings but I have no credit card.
    irishtarot.com accepts laser, but you have to "register your card" to top up your account. Has anyone used these?

Sorry, i should have said email readings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

I can't help directly, but I can explain why sites (and readers) that can take Laser are rare. As my husband discovered when setting up a totally unrelated business in Ireland, the costs of setting up credit card acceptance through a bank or credit check system can require deposits running into the thousands of Euros!

Most Readers and even small businesses simply don't have the resources to set up such this way, so they end up using a service like Pay Pal's business option or something very much like it. These services all require that the person purchasing the item, in the case a reading, have a credit card or an account with the service (in my case pay pal).

There are a few larger companies and very popular readers who can take credit cards directly, some probably also have access because perhaps another family member already has a business set up that they can use. Others may simply have enough money for the deposit (or save up enough) since in theory you an get it back, though I know people who have had to jump through a lot of hoops when they wished to cancel their service and get a refund.

Providers like Pay Pal, at least make it possible for many small businesses (including sole-operator readers) to take credit cards at all, but they are stuck with whatever credit cards Pay Pal choses to accept.

One thing you can do (and I've had to do this to purchase items with a local card) is get an O2 card or other pre-paid visa/master card and use that for on-line purchasing (of anything, not just readings). It is too bad the banks simply are stalling on the move to the typical Visa/Master card debit cards used elsewhere (including the UK) but for now that's just how it is.

Melodi in the Midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Thanks Melodi. My bank should be issuing the Visa debit this year so hopefully these issues will be resolved. Anyway, some places are charges extortionate amounts for email reading - for the same price or cheaper you could go to a psychic face to face

• Registered Users Posts: 12 melanieup

Have you considered a telephone reading instead? You can have the cost added to your phone bill. Just another option to get around the laser card issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pool8

or even keep your money in your pocket. how can someone tell you your future or know anything about you over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

pool8 wrote: »
    or even keep your money in your pocket. how can someone tell you your future or know anything about you over the phone.

Pool that is a very good question, and again as a reader I myself was a bit skeptical when I first started doing phone and web readings years ago. To my delighted surprise, it does work (most of the time anyway) and I think that is because a good reader can "tune in" to their client not matter where they are.

The great Edgar Cayce, could do readings for people anywhere in the world, though he did need to know their location. Most of us are not at Cayce's level, but it still seems to work that a focused reader can read for someone not in the room, even via letters or e-mail.

Now of course, it is somewhat easier to read in person; for one thing you can tell more quickly if some information has hit someone a bit too hard and it might be time to switch reading topics for awhile (it happens in readings sometimes).

In general, when people ask me I suggest that the best reading is an in-person reading with just you and the reader in a private setting with no one else around (unless it is a combined reading).

Next best seems to be phone/web readings with both people speaking to each other - it works even better with a web cam so you can hold up cards or other information and the reader and client can see each other.

Shows (even though I read at them some times) are not the best venue for a good reading, sometimes your still going to get excellent readings; but honestly it simply isn't possible for a reader to give us much attention in a crowded room full of noise, in a limited time setting as it is to do a reading in a quiet room (or even quiet hotel lobby)in private.

Which isn't to say that people should avoid shows, just that the readings tend to be shorter and not always as focus (again depends on the reader, the show etc).

Finally, there are readings by letter or e-mail, I think these sorts of readings do best when a reader uses astrology, numerology or other sort of technique that is complicated and may be even improved by a written explanation. I don't use either of these in my reading practice, but I highly recommend them and when I get such a reading prefer to get a least a chart and brief summery to take with me. That way I can refer back to it and study it later, because I know I'm not going to take in or remember all of it the first time.

Anyway, to sum it, it can and does work; though again in person is almost always best when the client is close enough to visit the reader.

Melodi in the Midlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

pool8 wrote: »

Yes, that's true. There are psychic readers who communicates with spirits to know your future.

Advertisement