Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speeds in Dundalk

Options
  • 10-01-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Just wanting to see is my broadband speeds relatively good for my area. I live beside the rugby club in town and i'm recieving broadband from Perlico. Anyhow below are the results of the speedtest I done online.

hshahas.png

Capture-6.png

Are these speeds good or bad:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I average much the same and I'm a main road over from you. You've posted your IP by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Thats not my IP. :pac:

Thats grand so thought I was on me own with regards to that speed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

my download speed is half yours, I am on mobilebroadband

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

On MB myself.

Although I hear eircom are terrible for internet, always dropping signal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Perlico drive me mad! Regularly unable to access their server, its then just a waiting game anything from a couple of mins to a few hours. Downloading is a mare due to these interruptions . Even changed the router just in case and made no difference. Speed is similar to OP and I am just off the Dublin Rd/back of the Hospital.

• Advertisement

I took the leap to Vodafone from Perlico even though they are the same. Costs 4 quid less. More download space and a new router. Have no issues doing my Saturday afternoon download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

MugMugs wrote: »
    I took the leap to Vodafone from Perlico even though they are the same. Costs 4 quid less. More download space and a new router. Have no issues doing my Saturday afternoon download.

58F.jpg?427

Image ain't working but I can just imagine what it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Speranza10

I have O2 mobile BB and the speed varies but my biggest problem is the download limit. I only have 15GB limit and I want to be able to watch movies and music videos onmy iPad so am changing to another provider but which one???? It'll have to be wireless cos I don't have a phone line.Any recommendations for one with good speed and unlimited download at a responsible price . I'm on north end of Dundalk .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

well we really have no idea if its good or bad as have no idea what package you are on?

• Advertisement
Advertisement