Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't charge electric toothbrush with 2 pin to 3 pin adaptor

Options
  • 10-01-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭

I bought a battery-powered toothbrush recently but it only comes with 2 pins (the ones you use for shaving i think).
    So i bought one of those 2 pin to 3 pin adapters in Argos. It said it works for shavers but also for electric toothbrushes.
    For the life of me, i can't get the thing to charge.
    I'm pretty sure it's not the toothbrush because i had another one that wouldn't charge either with that adapter.
    BTW, i've tried it on another identical adaptor and it still doesn't charge.

Anyone know what kind of adaptor will work for these things.
    Thanks.

Edit: If this is more suitable to Dental Issues, can a mod move it there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Some of those adapters are a bit hit and miss when it comes to the two pin toothbrush chargers. First I'd try to find a shaver socket in a pub or hotel or a friend's house to eliminate the toothbrush charger as the source of the problem.

If the toothbrush is taking a charge, maybe buy a travel adapter for a person coming from mainland Europe to Ireland.

The ideal solution is that if you have a strip lamp in the bathroom over the mirror, consider changing it for one that has an integrated shaver socket, you can buy them in any lighting shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just like to add, if its a Braun toothbrush, the store I work in had a few of these where the rechargeable battery was dead / faulty. I kept a travel adapter in the stock room for checking them and as they were a few coming back, every few toothbrushes would not charge with my adapter and I replaced them but some would not charge in the customers home but would with my adapter...

Anyone who was charging them with a strip light socket and wasnt working had a faulty battery.

Advertisement