Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used/second-hand books

Options
  • 10-01-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Where in south Tipp can I buy decent used/second-hand books (especially non-fiction/historical stuff)?Looking for more imaginative answers than svp/charity shops(I don't wanna go round the ebay/adverts.ie route?What about the calibre of book at local car boot sales,would you recommend any?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Moved from Midwest. Should get more answers in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kinnari

Tipperariana Book Fair
    Fethard Historical Society will hold their Tipperariana Annual Book Fair on the second Sunday in February 2012 where books of all types and shapes from valuable antiquarian books to modern 'pulp fiction' paperbacks will go on sale.

Anyone with unwanted books to donate to the society can contact any member of the committee to arrange collection or delivery. These books will be sold at the society's second-hand bookstall to raise money for the Fethard Historical Society.

Held in the Ballroom in Fethard

(taken from Fethard website)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

The book market beside Superquinn in Clonmel may have something of use to you. Very reasonable prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭migozarad

SOUND!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

pooch90 wrote: »
    The book market beside Superquinn in Clonmel may have something of use to you. Very reasonable prices too.

And they take trade-ins :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LetFly

I was in here over the Christmas and they had a huge selection of books for all ages. Great value and supporting a worthy cause.

http://www.cashellionsclub.ie/Book%20Shop.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bobster453

I see the bookshop on Gladstone Street is closed again,what was it, Publishers Books or something like that..pity..I got quite a few good historical books in there that I couldnt find anywhere except on Amazon

The Tall Tales one beside McDonalds?

Aye thats it

Is it for good? Handy little shop, nice staff and cheaper than Easons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Is it for good? Handy little shop, nice staff and cheaper than Easons.

Great prices on books there..They used to open and close....I hope they are not gone for good.

From speaking to the guy who ran it(never did know his name)it appeared that there just wasnt enough interest in the books he had which is a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

When is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    When is it on?

I'm sure pooch90 means the Book Market; it's a shop on the left hand side of Superquinn. You can't miss it. Good store with some nice prices. Selection is sometimes weak or the same old but it's a good place.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

What ever became of the Book Club of Ireland? They offered cut-price,

brand new books. Hardbacks, paperbacks, you name it at ridiculously yummy

prices. Did they go out of

business?

Advertisement