Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video editing to a Midi timeline

• 10-01-2012 6:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

Is there any video editing software, that allows you to use a MIDI timeline?

To make it easier to cut video to music(to the beat)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I've never heard of such a thing but it may exist.

What I do in Premiere Pro is work in Audio Time Units.

Say your project is 25p video with 48kHz audio sampling. You will now have 48,000 increments per second to work with instead of 25/second. I'm guessing the other popular NLEs can do the same but I haven't tried it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

m83 wrote: »
    I've never heard of such a thing but it may exist.

What I do in Premiere Pro is work in Audio Time Units.

Say your project is 25p video with 48kHz audio sampling. You will now have 48,000 increments per second to work with instead of 25/second. I'm guessing the other popular NLEs can do the same but I haven't tried it out.

Yeah, I know I could work it out. Just, a midi timeline would be great, for making quick videos. I could work it out...Even use a spreadsheet to give me the times, but that is an incredible pain in the arse.

Even bad video, will look good if cut to the beat.

Advertisement