Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

201 Class Locomotives

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

AFAICS that train would have been on time, DVT leads inbound : - 18.15 arrival Connolly: Great video Karsini !!! :D

The reason it was going so slowly was that the signal at the end of the platform was at danger. Happens a fair bit in Clontarf Road from what I can see.
    AFAICS that train would have been on time, DVT leads inbound : - 18.15 arrival Connolly: Great video Karsini !!! :D
    Thanks. :) Took it on my iPhone, didn't come out too shabby at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dublin Spotter

217 operated Waterford -Ballin delayed service. Service went from Waterford-Sallins to change loco around because of a maintance train failure between Heuston-Newbridge at lunchtime which caused 45 mins delay to Cork train and 65 to Waterford train. Freight service was heald in Athy and by the time it reached Kildare it was unable to change sides without affecting normal services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

217 passed through Manulla Junction @2030 with its empty timber headn for Ballina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Tuesday 10 April

09.30 Cork-Heuston
    13.00 Heuston-Cork
    16.30 Cork-Heuston
    21.00 Heuston-Cork

07.00 Heuston-Cork
    10.30 Cork-Heuston
    14.00 Heuston-Cork
    17.30 Cork-Heuston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

14.50 heuston -cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

15 April

16.00 Heuston-Cork
    19.30 Cork-Heuston

224 in Kent station after bringing in the 13.00 Dublin to cork.

209 outside the engine shed in kent station.

231 approaching Killester today on the 13.20 dep Enterprise northbound !!!

231 on the 13.00 dep. northbound Enterprise, between Barnageera and the Ladys' Stairs Bridge, near Skerries earlier today. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_mSYTvl2wE

• Advertisement

201 class 226 is in Westport with an empty timber train(it will depart at 1620 today,Friday).Loco 220 is in Ballina coupled to the IWT liner,this is a very loud and smokey loco.

The 16:00 Heuston - cork is a standard 201-DVT train.

Edit the 201 doing the honours was 222.

I happened to have time to kill today in Dublin and walked around Connolly station at about 1:00-1:30 and an enterprise was delayed due to a loco change.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I happened to have time to kill today in Dublin and walked around Connolly station at about 1:00-1:30 and an enterprise was delayed due to a loco change.

I've always wanted to be in Connolly to witness a loco change.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I was wondering why it didn't appear at Killester at the usual time. Thought I had missed it. ;)

As part of the 150th Celebrations for Claremorris Railway Station,Loco 221 was on hand for display purposes and was left open for the public to get in and have a good look around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Any mor pics of it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just spotted a 2x3 NIR C3K working North through Clongriffin at 15:28. Another Enterprise failure by the looks of things. Wonder if it's 201 related?

A 6 piece 22k just passed opposite direction, very rare to see a 22K and 3K together. Never have a camera when needed.

207 Boyne through HJ on the 13.20 northbound Enterprise today.

P1160019-1.jpg

So i wasn't 207 that failed. So it's either 8208 or the other 201 which I don't know currently on Enterprise duties, 231?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

There is maintainance going on at the NIR end that has the C2K's standing in, so the Translink website says. Not sure if the IR based DD services are running but dig out the camera for later on as the chances are good for you :)

Edit, Ta for the pic, Steamengine :)

So i wasn't 207 that failed. So it's either 8208 or the other 201 which I don't know currently on Enterprise duties, 231?

231 seems to be one of the regulars ok., at least up to a week ago anyway.

231 seems to be one of the regulars ok., at least up to a week ago anyway.

Yeah, it was. I'm in two minds into thinking that it was recently swapped out with 8208. EDIT: Nah 231 just passed by with a North bound service.

227 and 228 have had a good break from Enterprise work lately. 227 was swapped out when it failed in Belfast and had to be hauled back to Connolly a few months back. It's generally the most used 201 on the Enterprise for the past 8 years now going from my notes.

233 was on the Enterprise yesterday, I caught it yesterday afternoon heading over the Royal Canal towards Connolly. Very distinctive with the black numbers.
    227 and 228 have had a good break from Enterprise work lately. 227 was swapped out when it failed in Belfast and had to be hauled back to Connolly a few months back. It's generally the most used 201 on the Enterprise for the past 8 years now going from my notes.

Yeah. I remember that 227 suffered an uncontained engine failure a few years back while in Connolly - a piston came through the engine block. After that it spent a while off the Enterprise but was brought back on when the mandatory TPWS kicked in on NIR.

Karsini wrote: »
    Yeah. I remember that 227 suffered an uncontained engine failure a few years back while in Connolly - a piston came through the engine block. After that it spent a while off the Enterprise but was brought back on when the mandatory TPWS kicked in on NIR.

Didn't know that about 227. I did find it odd when 233 got a repaint and added to the Enterprise loco fleet. I would have expected 227 to get that honour.
    I was not surprised to see it added to the fleet with the TPWS mods. Along with 228 and 231. 231 was a bit of an outsider though. The way it is now they could mod 232 and 234 then IE would have a 230 Enterprise sub class.

I remember with the Malahide viaduct collapse 227 and 228 were trapped North and ran Enterprise duties between Drogheda and Belfast. I don't know if there was a spare 201 at York Road at the time to swap over if needed.

Didn't know that about 227. I did find it odd when 233 got a repaint and added to the Enterprise loco fleet. I would have expected 227 to get that honour.
    I was not surprised to see it added to the fleet with the TPWS mods. Along with 228 and 231. 231 was a bit of an outsider though. The way it is now they could mod 232 and 234 then IE would have a 230 Enterprise sub class.
    Yeah, it happened shortly before 227 was stopped for overhaul and repaint into the Mark 4 livery.

231 was certainly an odd one to choose. It never worked an Enterprise service for many years, not until 2008 or so. When it did, it didn't perform very well. One of the IRN lads compared a run on 231 to a run on 219 and noted that 219 performed much better.

233 hadn't worked a DD set for a long time either at the time it was repainted, having been unofficially banned from the Enterprise due to its exhaust silencer bypass.

The HEP gear on 234 is inoperable. It was damaged in flooding at Waterford several years ago and was never repaired.

It was 233 that had the bogie problem last November, and made a trip up the Malahide Road on the back of a low loader en route to Inchicore. A surreal episode which I missed unfortunately. :(

It was 233 that had the bogie problem last November, and made a trip up the Malahide Road on the back of a low loader en route to Inchicore. A surreal episode which I missed unfortunately. :(

I missed it too. It would have passed by where I work but I still didn't see it.

Yeah, it was lifted over the fence at Connolly yard onto a low loader in the car park. There are some very good pics of it being lifted and the start of it's trip through the city online. The size of a 201 is more impressive when you see it being lifted by two cranes like that.

http://transportsceneireland.smugmug.com/RailSceneIreland/RSI-November-2011-233-Crane/19872202_CvpWNW/1563392075_n5dctWf#!i=1563392075&k=n5dctWf

• Advertisement

230 currently appears to be on Enterprise duties - it was on the 11.00 dep. northbound this morning.

Advertisement