Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asura's Wrath

Options
  • 10-01-2012 6:30pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Demo is up on Xbox Live for Gold members. I'm a silver peasant so was hoping people could give their verdicts? Really interested in it because I really like CyberConnect2's games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Thanks for the heads up. Queued up the download at work, and will start downloading when I get home :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Downloading!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've currently got a day left on a sneaky two day code. I'll DL asap possible. I've got another code here if you want it, Retr0.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Still in work so haven't gotten a chance to get it yet. Got a mate to grab it and he said
    "just killed a giant space monster by punching its finger tip. all through the power of qte"
    . Take from that what you will. :)

Had some problems finding the game. When I finally dide, there's no option (that I can see) to download the demo :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Demo was decent - very cinematic. Two boss battles which are quite impressive (Bayonetta-esque scale), but quite a lot of Quick Time Events. These are lenient most of the time. Difficult to judge what general game will be like.

🤪

Turns out Xbox Live is a s1tehawk. It doesn't seem to regonise that I'm currently, but only on certains things. It'll let me access Gold exclusive stuff like youtube, facebook, and even play online. Yet, it won't let me DL this demo, or check out the "cloud" storage thingy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

deathrider wrote: »
    Turns out Xbox Live is a s1tehawk. It doesn't seem to regonise that I'm currently, but only on certains things. It'll let me access Gold exclusive stuff like youtube, facebook, and even play online. Yet, it won't let me DL this demo, or check out the "cloud" storage thingy.

It might be the short gold trial you are on. I think the trials don't cover things like sales and only let you play online.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It might be the short gold trial you are on. I think the trials don't cover things like sales and only let you play online.

Disaster. I was looking forward to having a jam on that game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Same here :) ah well I can wait a weekor two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Tried the demo via US psn. Not sure about it to be honest. The two episodes are riddled with quick-time events and the period in between seems to serve only to build up a burst gauge to start another quicktime event.

Only one episode has anything that i'd actually call fighting and its not great. Its impossible to see whats going on and all i could do was mash the two attacks and hit the counter quick-time buttons (again) until the burst bar filled and i went to the next part of the fight.

Its a very epic looking game visually but i'm gonna wait till some reasonable reviews start appearing as i'm not too pushed with the demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Not a great demo to unleash to the public all right.

Here's how it went.

Jump around for a bit and tap Y to launch some missile thingies.
    Run close enough for a few quick time events.
    Repeatedly tap B as fast as I can.
    Unleash the "power" (can't remember the actual name of it, so it's going under "the power" for now. Or super saiyan).
    Repeatedly tap B again.
    Get knocked down.
    Mash B again.
    Unleash the "power" again.

Somewhere in the middle of that you're fighting
    a floating battle ship which you have to throw back the missiles coming your way.
    This was a lot of tapping Y.

Visually it's stunning. But it played like an interactive battle out of Naruto\Dragon Ball.

I did nerdgasm when
    (by tapping B and unleashing the power) all he does to destroy the giant god that's trying to squash him is do some ultimate punch type thing.

I completed both "levels" (I am aware that they were boss battles). In the space of 20 - 25 minutes. And I don't really feel like playing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Lots of style, almost zero substance. Bargain bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

My demo experience lasted 10 seconds I think. crammed in more than I could handle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wasn't much of a game in the demo, it was mostly QTEs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep I was on the fence about it beforehand but the demo has really put me off. So much time spent watching the on-screen action rather than doing anything and when you do get the chance to, it's "Press A!" "Press A!". Not for me I don't think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Stupid demo. The scale and presentation are great fun - a notch up from even the likes of God of War and Bayonetta. But it comes at the cost of interactivity. Tapping 'B' repeatedly is not gameplay. The only thing even resembling gameplay in it was a bit where you had to dodge pitifully predictable laser patterns.

I'm hoping there's more to the actual game, because it shows potential. But during the demo I never for a second felt I was doing anything other than watching the action unfolding, occasionally pressing 'Y' for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

stabbed with a sword that went through the earth?! **** right off. stupid stuff.

Finally got to jam on this demo thonight. Piss poor just about sums it up. I spent the whole 30mins or so doing pretty much nothing. There were tons of QTEs and simply no gameplay. I really do hope the finished product to a lot more entertaining than this.

Advertisement