Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with UPC Customer service

Options
  • 10-01-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

Wondering if any of you had similar experiences...About 4 months back I took a UPC broadband, Phone and TV package for 65 euros from PC World. Took it from PC World because there was an offer of 250 euros voucher to be spent on currys or PC world if i took all the three packages. They said I would receive the voucher after my first bill. So eventhough I didnt have a TV at home, I took the three connections expecting to get the voucher in a month and then buy a new TV. It took me about three months to receive the voucher.

After I got the voucher, I bought a TV and tried to connect the UPC box to my TV, i found that it is a Digital Plus box and not an HD box. When I took the connection, I specifically requested for HD box. But when I received the box, I couldnt make out if it was an HD box or Digital Box and only when i tried to connect it to TV, there was no HDMI slot and when i called the customer care they said it is a digital plus box and not an HD box. So if I want an HD box, I have to pay again 60 euros or if i order it online, pay 20 euros.

My question is, why should i pay 20 euros when i told them i wanted HD? Can I do something about this? The customer service is so poor, they just keep on repeating what they say and not answer to my questions. They do not have an answer as to why I was sent a Digital box instead of HD box and they keep saying I ordered a digital box.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You are entitled to receive what you ordered, but first you need to prove that you ordered a HD box.

Do you have any confirmation emails etc for the order showing that you requested a HD box?

If you ordered by phone, then they record all calls, so you can request a recording of the call. This should show if you requested a HD box or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Awful company to have dealings with in my experience. Customer Service is a joke - that's IF you have enough patience while ringing and are lucky enough to find someone on the other end who (eventually) knows what they're talking about. A difficult ask.

Fortunately only had TV with them and switched to SKY 2 years ago.

As for OP, you really need to have those confirmation e-mails and any other letters from UPC to hand before going to Consumer Affairs - or at least threatening UPC to go to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bmathew

Unfortunately, I dont have any proof. I spoke to one of the guys at PC World and he made an order on the system. I got a call from UPC next day to confirm the order and the installation mode. So I guess I have to pay 20 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Did Pc world print out a sheet and hand it to you in the store? Or did the installers give you 3 blue sheets to sign when they put in your services?

I would have ordered online, but I was given a contract when they installed the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

bmathew wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I dont have any proof. I spoke to one of the guys at PC World and he made an order on the system.

So it could potentially have been the fault of the PC World employee. Unless you have any documentation from PC World or UPC, it's going to be hard to know where the error occurred.

• Advertisement
Advertisement