Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iBood

Options
  • 10-01-2012 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi

I too am finding that purchasing from ibood was a very big mistake.

I had to send an item back because it was faulty, there process tells you to send it to CErepair. Which I did, this has a 6 week turn around time. I sent the item registered and insured for approx £15.00 at my expense. And all I wanted was a confirmation that the item is indeed at their repair centre. Ibood will not confirm this so I decided to email CErepair, well basically they did not like that and told me they would not answer any further emails and I should contact ibood, he CC'd the head of ibood. So i replied with a large rant about how disgusting it is that I am left out of the loop regarding my item. I informed them that ibood have no idea whether CErepair has the item and that the customer is left with nothing but a extremely long wait time and £157.00 lighter in the pocket. I had contacted ibood several times before this and felt that this was my only way to confirm that indeed my item was delivered to CErepair. I used the contact us form and sent emails and phoned on many occasions.

I have not yet had any further replies from ibood or CErepair but when I get my item back I will never use them again.

Here is my emails to them...

To: ############
    Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 4:15 PM
    Subject: ibood Order number: ###########

Hi

I wonder if you can help me ?

I bought an item from ibood but the screen was defective, so I followed the ibood policy of sending it to you. Please can you let me know that you have this item and it is being repaired as I am getting no help fro0m Ibood as to when it will be returned to me.

Prroof of shipping :-
    Your item, posted on 28/12/11 with reference ############### was delivered in NETHERLANDS on 30/12/11.
    Thank you for using this service.

Sent to:-
    CE Repair Mijdrecht
    Nijverheidsweg 19e
    3641 RP MIJDRECHT
    The Netherlands
    Z1967276A01

Ibood details of purchase:-

Acer Liquid MT Smartphone
    On 25-12-2011 you have sent us the following request:
    • Order number: #####################
    • Invoice number: #############
    • Name: ##################
    • Address #####################
    • Country United Kingdom
    • E-mail: ################
    • Telephone number::########################
    • Payment method:#######################
    • Product description:
    • Offer date: 2011-10-20
    • Return reason: def
    • Serial number: ####################

Kind regards

Dear Sir/ Madam,

For Questions ibood repairs:
    Please address to Returns@ibood.nl

!!!Please do not respond to this email, no reply will follow!!!
    Met vriendelijke groet/With regards,
    Bruce van Schaik,
    CE Repair Mijdrecht

CE Repair Mijdrecht
    Nijverheidsweg 19e
    3641 RP Mijdrecht
    Netherlands

Tel: 0900-SOLDEER (0900-7653337)
    Fax:+ 31 (0) 297 282241
    www.cerepair-mijdrecht.nl
    http://www.eset.com

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    9:59 AM (4 hours ago)

to Returns, iBOOD

Hi

I am finding it extremely disgusting that you and ibood can treat customers in this way.

I have never experienced anything like this.

Neither company is willing to confirm that my return has arrived.

I have contacted ibood many times with very little response, they only know what you tell them and that seems to be nothing so far.

This will the be the last time I have anything to do with both companies.

Send my phone back repaired please and I will promise that I will not bother you EVER again.

iBOOD
    11:14 AM (3 hours ago)

to Robert, me

Dear Sir xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm verry sorry you feel this way, but i'm not
    pleased with the tone you talk to me,

We are a repaircenter that deals with iBood,
    They are our customer, they now just as much
    as i do at the moment,

You're device is not in our system jet, please
    have some patience and talk to iBood if you're
    not pleased with there service, i'm sure that
    they are gladd to be of help,

I've put the head of iBood service department
    in CC, he will contact you i'm sure,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    12:07 PM (2 hours ago)

to iBOOD, Robert

Hi Met

I am sorry if you feel my tone is not good.

But you have got to understand the situation I am in.

I have no idea where £157. of my money is. I know I sent it to your centre. I know by the tracking it is meant to be there.
    But I do not know for sure that it is accounted for at your premises or lost. 6 weeks to be told that your item is not here is not really good enough. Because at the end of the
    recommended time to wait by ibood for a repair is 6 weeks, but then there is no confirmation on their website that your item is indeed at your premises. It is like holding the customer in bad situation.

This should be tracked and confirmation should be sent to ibood as soon as the repair item is signed for at your premises. So then ibood can then update their records which in turn will update the customer.

Right now I feel like I am forced to trust so many outside factors of where £157.00 of my money is.

It would not take much to have someone check the items in and update ibood that it has arrived.

And when I contact ibood they actually say they have no way of telling me where or what is happening to the item.

All they know is that their system says it is in repair centre but no one knows or willing to say we can confirm it is here/there.

In my honest opinion there needs to be a lot more communication between you and your customer ibood.So that the customer does not feel so left out. After all I am the customer I have no item and ibod has my money.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi OP, I've moved your post to its own thread, as the original thread you posted in was over 2 years old.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭questionquick

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but i think this is the risk people have to take in order to pick up a bargain.

I have ordered something off them last week, i am interested to see how your story develops..

All you can do is keep in contact,, sounds like they can make you wait the six weeks if they want to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Just wondering the outcome off this issue as I have to return an Item also.

Advertisement