Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda

Options
  • 10-01-2012 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Who agrees with me that Drogheda is the better town than Dundalk and all other towns in the region?. Here's why I think it is better. 1. It is a much more cosmopolitan town than Dundalk , lots of wine bars , bistros and cages, it also has a lively music scene and loads of art galleries and theatres. 2 It has beautiful architecture , and historic monuments such as Laurence's gate, millmount tower, the river boyne and st peters church with the head of Oliver plunkett. 3. Dundalk is a former IRA town hence the name el paso , it is very northern culturally which makes it quite hostile 4. Drogheda has produced some famous people such as gary Kelly the Leeds and Ireland footballer, Colin O'Donoghue the new movie star from the movie the rite with Anthony Hopkins . While the only people Dundalk has produced is the gob****e Steve Staunton and the crap band the corrs not exactly great boasts.5 Drogheda is better positioned , it is only 30 minutes from Dublin city and about 20 from the airport. 6. It has the regional hospital , granted it has problems , but it's still better than Dundalk hospital which has its services removed. Please no hate speech , just opinions and can I stress the whole Dundalk has college and county council coz its the capital doesn't count , they only have that because they have minister Ahern who gave the. Preferntial treatment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Maloney 2012

I meant to say cages not cages lol

Cafe's damn this thing

• Registered Users Posts: 4 scaryhairy

I think they're both crap !!!!

I meant to say Cafe's sorry

They're much the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I like the northern thing about dundalk.

I think if i lived in dundalk i would go to hospital in newry not ireland

I would shop in newry not ireland.

I think drogheda best feature is its tourism aspect but overall I can take it or leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The levels of bias and ignorance flowing from your post sum you up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

is this post serious?

are you 7?

well to address your points

1) Dundalk has quite a few bistros and cafes. i dont see how drogheda is better on that front? Music scene? Dundalk has the spirit store.

2) Beautiful architecture? Dundalk aint too bad either, it has st patricks, some of the buildings beside the train station and brewery are very old buildings that look great

3) former IRA town with a northern culture? Sure drogheda has a Dublin culture IMO

4) Staunton was a better player than gary kelly ever was. there also john Moore and tommy traynor and to name a few

5) better positioned to what? IMO belfast is a better city than Dublin, dundalks closer to it

6) It has the hospital. Wow

Drogheda is a shíthole tbh, a kip with one main street that is slowly dying.

fwiw, im not from Dundalk. I dont work there. Ive never been to school there. I dont live there, nor have i ever. my other half isnt from there either. in fact, i live closer to drogheda, so i aint biased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Pointless Tit for tat thread.
    Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement