Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel to or through Northern Ireland

Options
  • 10-01-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

Although I'm sure this subject has been covered many times before, I thought that I'd refresh your collective memories by asking the actual administrators themselves, up in distant Belfast, for the latest facts and figures in a simplified way that I can understand

If this in any way causes discommode, stress or the night shivers to anyone here, please look away now.

For those intending to peruse the PSNI website - you'll need to check out the part in the drop-down menu that deals with the carriage of firearms into and out of Northern Ireland by NON-residents of Northern Ireland or GB.

1. You will need to apply SIX FULL WEEKS IN ADVANCE OF YOUR PROPOSED DATE OF VISIT - the sooner the better.

2. For reason beyond the control of anybody [fire, flood, sudden plague etc] , there is NO guarantee that even this time-scale may be sufficient, so the advice from the gentleman concerned is to book early to avoid disappointment [that might also include getting arrested of course - plus guns seized, that sort of disappointment].

3. If you intend to travel THROUGH Northern Ireland - ANY part of Northern Ireland, wit ha view to fetching up in nearby Scotland or even donegal - the same laws apply - you'll need a license to do it, and, of course, your Euro firearms pass if you are going to Scotland.

4. There IS good news - the license lasts for one full year from the date of issue.

My thanks go to Mr Robinson in the HQ PSNI Firearms & Explosives Licensing Department.

tac
    www.vcrai.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Thanks for that, i'm going to be heading up for a comp next year tho and just wondering what there safe storage is? doubt a hotel would have a big enough safe, off hand do you know what the price to bring 2 guns up is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Not a clue - I'm the messenger boy here, not the register clerk.

You'd have to talk to them up there.

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

its less than 10 pound a vistors pass, well it was last year for a shotgun

Advertisement