Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science Trinity or UCD

• 10-01-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭

Im positive i want to do computer science. Which place is better? points wont be an issue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Im positive i want to do computer science. Which place is better? points wont be an issue

Expect the points to go up a bit again this year though. Btw I want to do computer science in UCD too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Expect the points to go up a bit again this year though. Btw I want to do computer science in UCD too :)

There seems to be a lot of people applying for CS in UCD and TCD. Not really liking dat :L

There seems to be a lot of people applying for CS in UCD and TCD. Not really liking dat :L

Yea I've noticed quite a bit of posts asking about UCD in particular, hopefully the higher points will scare off some this year :pac: I can handle the current points at 410, but not sure if I could get in if it jumps another 35 points or higher. It's the only course I have my heart set on. Hope to see you there :P

Yea I've noticed quite a bit of posts asking about UCD in particular, hopefully the higher points will scare off some this year :pac: I can handle the current points at 410, but not sure if I could get in if it jumps another 35 points or higher. It's the only course I have my heart set on. Hope to see you there :P

if points are scaring ya Trinity was 385 last year

if points are scaring ya Trinity was 385 last year

Yea, but I think UCD is a step ahead of trinity, I went to the summer computer science course in UCD and it's done up very nice. It was an excellent representation of what it would be like. From talking to those on the UCD board also they would recommend it. We'll just have to see what happens. :pac:

It sucks that they only take in 50. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

UCD, because I want to go to trinity and there's only 80 places :D.

How many points are you looking at getting? I just realised I'd want to get 460/470 instead of the 400 I was going off of before, just to be safe. Really need to start studying.

UCD, because I want to go to trinity and there's only 80 places :D.

How many points are you looking at getting? I just realised I'd want to get 460/470 instead of the 400 I was going off of before, just to be safe. Really need to start studying.

Ha :L At the moment TCD is no1 but its changin a lot. Ya im aimin for round the same because a lot of people are going for CS and points will go up by 30/40 at least id imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I was gonna go Maynooth, what does UCD or Trinity do better?

GarIT wrote: »

If your able to get into Maynooth's new Computational Thinking (CAO code MH214) then do it, it was co-designed bt Google and it's an accelerated course so you'll need to be good. I would say it nearly guarantee's a job in Google. It's 510 points and only 10 places.

If your able to get into Maynooth's new Computational Thinking (CAO code MH214) then do it, it was co-designed bt Google and it's an accelerated course so you'll need to be good. I would say it nearly guarantee's a job in Google. It's 510 points and only 10 places.

I wont get it, You need a minimum of B2 in maths, and i don't like it because it has philosophy in it. Also after I do comp science I want to do a masters in Comp Forensics and security in BIT.

• Advertisement

They both have links with outside companies, Google Microsoft among others. UCD has paid work experience with Google so thats a plus :)

They both have links with outside companies, Google Microsoft among others. UCD has paid work experience with Google so thats a plus :)

Maynooth said the exact same, they were saying some of the companies u can do work with in 3rd yeah are Google, Microsoft, Intel, IBM.

Maynooth said the exact same, they were saying some of the companies u can do work with in 3rd yeah are Google, Microsoft, Intel, IBM.
    But since they're based in Dublin would'nt they have stronger ties with the Dub uni's?

But since they're based in Dublin would'nt they have stronger ties with the Dub uni's?

I've no idea, thats why I'm asking, Intel and HP are 10 mins from Maynooth.

They all have strong tie-ins with Google, Microsoft, Intel, IBM etc. Google sponsors UCD's introductory to C.S summer course but Maynooth's new course was opened at the request of Google.

Advertisement