Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of Donegal, Paul Street, Cork

Options
  • 10-01-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering if this mens clothier is still going in Cork City, or if anyone knows anything about it? I'm interested in contacting former staff or finding out if it moved anywhere (if it shut down/no longer on Paul St.).

I'm not in Cork, and I've no contacts there so thats why I'm asking on boards.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

phone book ?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

The phone book and general internet searches are inconclusive and give no information on if the shop is still there or not.

The name does appear on a number of directories but I know from past experience that these are not very accurate, thats why I'm asking in a forum where someone may have personal knowledge of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

As far as I know it closed down many years ago . Are you talking about the years when the Boeg family owned it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

ladhrann wrote: »
    Hello,

I was wondering if this mens clothier is still going in Cork City, or if anyone knows anything about it? I'm interested in contacting former staff or finding out if it moved anywhere (if it shut down/no longer
    on Paul St.).

I'm not in Cork, and I've no contacts there so thats why I'm asking on boards.ie

Bloody hell, that's gone a while. It's where the Newport Bar is now I think. If I recall correctly it went for good and never reopened anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Many thanks from all who've posted. Does anyone have any more information about the firm or why it shut down? Or if any tailors from the company went out on their own?

• Advertisement
Advertisement