Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello All!

Options
  • 10-01-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey guys and girls (if there's any!),
    I have been enjoying reading posts here for a month or so and learned some good tips,so thought I'd join up!,:D

Davey , Wicklow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Davey34 wrote: »
    I have been enjoying reading posts here for a month or so and learned some good tips,so thought I'd join up!,:D

Davey , Wicklow

you are very welcome,

i hope to read some of your own stories in the future

do you have hunt or shoot your self

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Davey34

Cheers mate!, Im going for my licence at the mo , have a deposit on a Browning buck mark sporter!, I have shot it at the club a few times , great little rifle!!,
    Just gotta get land owners permission , here in north wicklow most land owners and farmers I have spoken to have reached the max of guys shooting on their land , but Im sure il sort it out over the coming week!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

Davey , Wicklow

Welcome aboard Davey.
    Look forward to your participation.

P.S. I'm not sure if there's many females on here but there's plenty of wemon! :D:D

ha ha! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Davey , Wicklow

Welcome along Davey :) Theres plenty of land there in North Wicklow Im sure you'll find some land owners looking for vermin control done. Im living between Bray and Meath myself as the woman is from Bray Im going to start asking landowners permission and hopefully will get into the deer shooting scene later in the year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

here in north wicklow most land owners and farmers I have spoken to have reached the max of guys shooting on their land , but Im sure il sort it out over the coming week!

I got my rifle through target club membership and when the licence came through i went knocking on doors and asking farmers, once i was insured and emphasised that i was only going to be shooting rabbits and other vermin they were delighted to let me on there land

Cheers lads, I wanted to put it on my original application so I can take her out into appropriate fields once I get my licence (hopefully wont be waiting too long for it)!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Just gotta get land owners permission , here in north wicklow most land owners and farmers I have spoken to have reached the max of guys shooting on their land

Looking to get into it myself in the same area, I must say this doesn't fill me with hope:pac:

@Blay

Ive only asked 4 guys , there's many more landowners near bray!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭robbie mars

Welcome aboard plenty of tips you'll get in here and the odd bit of craic aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Welcome aboard.

I have made many good friends on here, and learned many things.
    It's great to have collective experience on tap.

No aspect of hunting or general shooting is not catered for here.

Look forward to seeing your new rifle and first shooting threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Welcome. Don't be too disheartened about finding permissions. Most of us have go travel a bit to get them.

Having insurance to hand can help a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Hibrion wrote: »
    ... Most of us have go travel a bit to get them...

Guess I'm lucky all my permission is outside the door. I dont have to drive anywhere if I dont want to.... on the other hand if I do have to drive its over two miles of this before I get to a proper road...
    IMAG0449.jpg

By the way welcome aboard :) there a sound bunch of pricks on here:p

Cheers lads, I have insurance so should be alright there, looking forward to getting the buck mark out in the field!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Welcome aboard matey, on here a couple of years now and still enjoy it, mostly sound heads on this, have made a few friends through boards which is a good thing and am sure you will to.

Happy and safe hunting lads !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Indeed.Welcome onboard.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

hello....

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

There's some great shooting in the area so best of luck.

Cheers boys, appreciate your welcomes!,

Advertisement