Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESL: Tanks and Tactics

Options
  • 10-01-2012 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

There are 4 maps used in ESL - Lakeville, Mines, Cliff and Prokhorovka.

In this thread we should discuss load outs for each map and tactics to use.

The base load out is
    4 Tier 8 - Heavy/Td/Medium
    1 Tier 5 - Arty
    1 Tier 4 - Leo/T-50
    1 Tier 1 - Super Camo MS-1/Loltraktor/Cunningham

That gives 42 points with 7 players.

Ideas, tactics, tanks and critiques welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

Lakeville:
    3 T8 Heavy
    1 T8 Medium
    1 T5 Arty
    1 T4 Light
    1 T1 Light

Tremble before the might of my awesome MS paint tactical map.
    http://i.imgur.com/lvbxp.jpg
    I really wish this board had spoiler tags!

From North:
    1 T8 heavy holds the middle from the rock at E4(Tiger II or T32), another heavy holds the valley at E2 (IS-3)there is a spot there which you can sit in and smash anything coming over the hill while arty can't hit you.

The light tanks go wide, the T4 goes around the town to the area marked in blue while the T1 goes to the low area marked in blue.

The last heavy goes into town and tries to push any hostile tanks into the blue area for the sniper at E4 to shoot at.

The medium moves around up top. If a heavy is encountered there the medium tries to drag it into an open area for arty or the heavie in town to hit it.

From the south:
    The town push is the exact same, a fast T8 heavy is needed to try take the middle (IS-3) while a second T8 defends from J1/J2 area.

The IS-3 should be looking to support the heavy in lower town for the first part of this battle and then pushing into the base with the lights/medium.

For either side of this map arty placement is entirely up to the arty drive but it would be preferred to stay around the 5/6/7 lines if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Its definitely something we need to concentrate a bit more on - ESL. I think company battles will help us a lot iun this regard.

Good work with lakeville Wuuzzi.

Another possible loadout for it is 5xT8, 2xT1.

Use the T1's to see where the main force is, and rush the other way. Maybe T8 mediums could be used in this fashion?

If anyone wants to work on other maps/tactics go for it.

For Lakeville 4 heavy, 1 med and 2 lights would work well too, 2 heavies to town and the rest would work the same as posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

good work wuuzi , can we stick u down as a team captain?

No

• Advertisement

Lads feel free to come up with ideas of your own, this was meant to be a discussion thread.

Saying that though, 3 more for ya

Cliff
    http://i.imgur.com/fYv0u.jpg

2 T8 Heavy
    1 T8 TD
    1 T8 Med
    1 T5 Arty
    1 T4 Light
    1 T1 Light

2 Hvy's defend the light house area and/or support the med who patrols the middle. TD covers the low road, 1 T8 heavy can return to support. The T1 light scouts the lighthouse while the tier 4 scouts the low road.

The Hvy's split up to assault, 1 around the top and 1 with the med through the middle. The TD rolls along the low road while the T4 searches for arty.

Mines
    http://i.imgur.com/JyPC1.jpg

3 T8 Heavy
    1 T8 Med
    1 T5 Arty
    1 T4 Light
    1 T1 Light

Pretty obvious what happens here. T4 light scouts Island while a Hvy holds the water. Med takes hill and stays tight to the entrance preventing a push over the middle. 1 Hvy holds below the hill ready to support either side and the last one goes towards town. The T1 light goes wide behind town to make sure nothing comes around there.

Prokhorovka
    http://i.imgur.com/6RSaM.jpg

2 T8 Heavy
    1 T8 TD
    1 T8 Med
    1 T5 Arty
    1 T4 Light
    1 T1 Light

T1 scouts for TD who holds the road. T4 heads for the hill. 3 Hvy's head towards town 1 holds inside the rail tracks below the hill the other 2 go outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

lets run them tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

looks good i suggest a isu-152 td with bl-10 gun serious damage dealer

mercenary2 wrote: »

You got one don't you??

Tag - you're it :)

yes i have one but im only saying as from what i know it deals the most damage for that tier in td;s and as i am more a tank man i would sooner see if someone else has one but if not i will bring it when needed

p.s. the reload aint to bad with a rammer

• Advertisement

Its an excellent TD. Tier 8 with Tier 10 gun - neither the German nor the US have an equivalent gun at tier 8.

Wuuzzii has been putting a lot of time and effort into the ESL, and from my point of view its great to have someone else that has the interest in it that I do.

We really need to have things a bit more organised if we really want to compete semi-professionally in the ESL - there is money to be won!

I've been trying to sign us up for Sunday's cup - but I don;t have the permission to. I need to be given 'Co-Leader' status if someone (Dangrim / Ponster) wouldn't mind changing my permissions please :)

mercenary2 wrote: »

Serious damage dealer, tissue paper for armour. At tier 8 90% of shots at the front of an ISU will penetrate, Ferdi and T28 have much better armour.

WuuZii wrote: »
    Serious damage dealer, tissue paper for armour. At tier 8 90% of shots at the front of an ISU will penetrate, Ferdi and T28 have much better armour.

that is why i suggest a td driver other than me a tank driver our td would be sniping from behind cover not getting into direct fire.. but sying that i have taking out t28s and ferdies with ease head to head due to the damage the gun deals.. and if u hit a ferdi at full health in the upper side behind gun normally get them from full health to 100-200 hp left just :pac:ing them up and runing for cover..:)

and isu much better cammo so if kept behind a bush not in it even when they fire very hard to detect

Advertisement