Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduating without co-op report?

Options
  • 10-01-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I have been back from my co-op for 18 months now. I never handed up a co-op report, on my transcript the place I was working is down and it all seems to be ok ( I didn't have any problems on co-op etc.) there is no grade or any thing next to it. No one has been onto me about handing up the report, basically I am wondering will I be able to graduate without doing a report on it? I know the P.C answer is no, but will the co-op office actually follow this up? Have people gone on to graduate without doing the report in the past?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Seriously...just do the report, you could get it done in a few hours easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

You wont be able to graduate without it. Middle of last semester you will get emails and letter home about it to have it on. Fine is 50e for not haven it handed in on time. You will get it done in hours and pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Head into the careers office, they have examples of past co-op reports, it will give you a start at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

1huge1 wrote: »

You serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

You wont be able to graduate without it. Middle of last semester you will get emails and letter home about it to have it on. Fine is 50e for not haven it handed in on time. You will get it done in hours and pass.

The fine goes up to €100 if it's over 1 semester overdue.
    1huge1 wrote: »

Maybe to copy 50% of someone else's report and then used double line spacing and only write half pages.
    If you want to write anything proper, it would take a substantially longer time. (Granted the amount of s*it I've seen pass as a co-op report is unbelievable - D grade quality work will get you a pass.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Tis €100 after a certain period.
    -Kenny- wrote: »
    You serious?

Yes.

I'm the same, going to do mine in the next two weeks before we head back, cos I ain't graduating unless I do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

CiaranMT wrote: »

Yes.

I'm the same, going to do mine in the next two weeks before we head back, cos I ain't graduating unless I do it.

Im getting at that doing it in a few hours is a long shot to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

You serious?
    Yes I'm absolutely serious, its 10 pages of waffle, and that's including cover page etc. All you have to do is submit it no matter what the quality. (I'm not condoning poorly done co-op reports but being honest, most people will have no problems saying how bad their's were)

The way I see it is, almost 4000 students go on co-op every year, that's at the minimum 40,000 pages for the co-op office to read through...

I don't see why people don't bother to do it, it is just pure laziness.

A few hours of actually giving it 100% and you should have it done easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

I've been doing mine for two weeks now and I'm on track for finishing up by Friday.

Señor Frog: You should definitely play the "wait and see" game and see what happens when you apply for graduation... Just do the damn report and pay the late fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Im getting at that doing it in a few hours is a long shot to be fair.

Ah... Yeah I was thinking the same :pac: Casual week's work, be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Nice1 for the replies. I'll start it so once I get the fyp handed up. Which is also going to have to be rushed... god why am I such lazy bastard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Downlinz

The co-op office never read it, like most people I copy/pasted the previous co-ops report. Never have I submitted something with such little effort as that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

I ****ed up too, I had it done but was on ERASMUS and couldnt get it signed till I came back so I just emailed it to the office to prove I'd done the actual report but told them I couldn't get it to them and signed until the January, they weren't having any of it when I got back and tried to submit a hard copy and said I'd have to pay a hundred quid before they'd accept it. Thought they might just let me off since I had actually done the work on time but they didn't. Still haven't submitted as I thought it was better to not bother and hope it wouldn't make a difference as 100 quid is a lot of money. But I'm sure I won't get away with it. Pretty annoying as someone said it wont even be read, but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

Who actually receives the 100 euro if it is handed up late? like does it get given to charity or what happens with it? Seems like an expensive mistake to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭yuppy700

FCUM wrote: »
    I ****ed up too, I had it done but was on ERASMUS and couldnt get it signed till I came back so I just emailed it to the office to prove I'd done the actual report but told them I couldn't get it to them and signed until the January, they weren't having any of it when I got back and tried to submit a hard copy and said I'd have to pay a hundred quid before they'd accept it. Thought they might just let me off since I had actually done the work on time but they didn't. Still haven't submitted as I thought it was better to not bother and hope it wouldn't make a difference as 100 quid is a lot of money. But I'm sure I won't get away with it. Pretty annoying as someone said it wont even be read, but what can you do.

Why didn't you get a friend to get it signed ?

4yM5J.png

oops, sorry, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭FCUM

yuppy700 wrote: »
    Why didn't you get a friend to get it signed ?

4yM5J.png

oops, sorry, my bad.
    :eek::(:D cheeky twat

well the problem was the person who was supposed to sign it wasnt in the country but would be there in the January so i reckoned id just get it done then. They were not sympathetic to my situation. Oh and i'm friendless

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Could always try and hand it up at the same time as the year behind you. They might not notice...

Advertisement