Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet cat/kitten for adoption

Options
  • 10-01-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a pet cat/kitten but cannot seem to find any in ISPCA.

Does anyone know of where to get one?

Any help would be useful as I reaaaally want one :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,343 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We got ours at Cityvets a couple of years ago, one of the people who works there does cat rescue. You will be quizzed about your pet-minding suitability though! (Rightly so :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Please contact Waterford Animal welfare - they do such brilliant work in the Southeast, and are always looking for homes for cats. www.waterfordanimalwelfare.com

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I know it probably doesn't need to be said but please do not buy a kitten! There are always loads of them needing to be rescued. We got our two from the WSPCA. They had a kitten morning in July 2010. I can't believe that they have none needing rescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 S_Snail

You could try these two, they are both about an hour outside Waterford.

http://inistiogepuppyrescue.com/
    http://www.paws.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Phone up a couple of the local vets, they normally have notices up offering kittens/cats to a good home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭eimearos

there is an ad in this weeks munster express.

"Fully Trained Kittens, free to a good home" There is a phone number but im not sure what the rules are about posting numbers here. ill send you a pm of the number incase you dont have the paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭emmetmurphy

CuriousG wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a pet cat/kitten but cannot seem to find any in ISPCA.

Does anyone know of where to get one?

Any help would be useful as I reaaaally want one :)

Thanks.
    Hi Do you really have to adopt them i thought they just give them to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Gf got a Kitten at the vet down by the park I think it was 20 euro with free injections

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Faq wrote: »
    Gf got a Kitten at the vet down by the park I think it was 20 euro with free injections

That's good value when you take the cost of vaccinations into account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Little guy we found the other night cost us €54 for flea, lice, worms and cat flu. Doing great and settling in. Other 2 cats havent attacked and are getting more relaxed. Recon Dexter has a new friend, it tried to snuggle up to him and he nearly sh*t himself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

could you please pm that number, cannot find anything in the paper

Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jamerican

cityvets.ie have a rescue working out of their veterinary office. Check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

i hate them feckin cats,
    give me a dog anyday

Advertisement