Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking Meteor for a cheaper phone

Options
  • 10-01-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭

I've been a Meteor Bill Pay Customer for 5 years now and have 2 accounts with them.

My upgrade is due this month and i'm on a 12 month contract, i want the Sensation XL (Currently on Desire HD) but on my tariff (200 mins, 200 texts, 1gb data) it's coming in at 250Euro!!

If i told them i was leaving and taking both accounts to Vodafone would they give it to me cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

You can try but doubt it. I was in same situation and they wouldnt give me the Blackberry Bold for cheaper had to pay the going price. Vodafone dont do 12 months contract so dont leave if you happy with 12 months contract. Its worth trying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've been a Meteor Bill Pay Customer for 5 years now and have 2 accounts with them.

My upgrade is due this month and i'm on a 12 month contract, i want the Sensation XL (Currently on Desire HD) but on my tariff (200 mins, 200 texts, 1gb data) it's coming in at 250Euro!!

If i told them i was leaving and taking both accounts to Vodafone would they give it to me cheaper?

There are set prices for different types of connections on Meteor. With the XL you will be put on an 18 month contract. You will be paying €30.50 per month for what you have at the moment + free meteor to meteor. This plan and the one below it will have you paying the highest price for the phone.

The one and only way to get the phone cheaper is by changing your plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

There are set prices for different types of connections on Meteor. With the XL you will be put on an 18 month contract. You will be paying €30.50 per month for what you have at the moment + free meteor to meteor. This plan and the one below it will have you paying the highest price for the phone.

The one and only way to get the phone cheaper is by changing your plan.

Nope, 250 for the handset is with the 12 month contract, i refuse to go to 18

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nope, 250 for the handset is with the 12 month contract, i refuse to go to 18

Same price so. 250 is the cheapest you will get it though, have the pricing in front of me at the moment. You'd have to move up price plans to get it any cheaper. :)

Advertisement