Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for SW:TOR in £ sterling

Options
  • 10-01-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I'm sure that I'm not the first person to notice that there's a huge gap between the subscription cost of €14.99 compared to £8.99 (which is €10.88 according to xe.com). So that means we're paying over €4 euro extra per month, which over time can really add up.

Just wondering how I can go about paying for it in sterling as opposed to in euros? (There has to be a way).

Has anybody done this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

The only way you could do it is through a proxy, but if they catch you they will ban you and delete your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

All hail the mighty Euro :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Stev_o wrote: »
    The only way you could do it is through a proxy, but if they catch you they will ban you and delete your account.

You can buy the prepaid cards in Sterling online, also work out alot cheaper.

I got 60 day cards from HMV for €20, how can retailers sell subscriptions for less then the actual company

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

TheDoc wrote: »

I got 60 day cards from HMV for €20, how can retailers sell subscriptions for less then the actual company

Buy them in bulk I guess. It's nothing new. It's pretty much standard across subs online that the Euro gets ripped off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TheDoc wrote: »

Same reason games are more expensive on Steam for the first couple of months; the retailers require not only a profit but a lower retail price vs. digital download to put it on the shelves (and shelves = exposure and potential new customers so it falls under advertisement basically).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

60 day cards are £15 from zavvi.com btw (free delivery it says).

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I got a 60-day Card from CardsCodes.com for €21. No way am I paying €13 for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 November One

I got a 60-day Card from CardsCodes.com for €21. No way am I paying €13 for it!

This looks brilliant. The fact that they email the code to you makes it a winner for me. Will have to remember it when I'm getting near the end of my free trial.

Thanks for the info =D

Advertisement