Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online company formations

Options
  • 10-01-2012 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi

Was looking at several company formation sites online which seem to be very good value. one company in particular was 75e + 100e for cro fee.

has anyone used these type of services and can recommend them?

I havnt spoken to an accountant yet but i am planning on setting up as a ltd company as i am only planning on taking a small wage out of the company and retaining profits for reinvestment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

I believe if you use that online service you file it yourself the old slow way, which can take a few weeks to allow the company to be formed. I think if you shop around you should find someone to do it express at about e250 - 300 including CRO fee.

There may be someone on this board (another member) who was in the past I believe planning to offer company formations at a reasonable price.

Its often highly recommended by the accountants on here to use someone who knows what they are at (not all formations agents do) as a significant number of companies in Ireland are acting beyond their powers ("ultra vires") and could get in trouble if the CRO pursued it.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

That company is also registered in New Zealand, so at that point you are better off doing it yourself with a template.

I found these to be reasonable and prompt http://www.companysetup.ie/

These guys are the cheapest I've found, have an office in Blackrock. They seem ok and their justification for doing it cheap is to offer on-going supports to businesses starting out, which is a reasonably sound loss-leader (as opposed to be doing it cheap cos your dodgy or based in Tajikistan!)

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

www.CompanyFormations.ie are who we use - should be able to give you competitive prices.

I haven't used one from an online form in the past - I prefer the personal touch to be honest, so I know it's been done right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

TylerIE wrote: »
    There may be someone on this board (another member) who was in the past I believe planning to offer company formations at a reasonable price.

I was considering it, but that's on the back burner indefinitely. I've since got involved with an independent tv documentary producer and that's going to take up my spare time for the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 IFormations

We just wrote a blog on this. If you are thinking of setting up a limited company, read the small print of the website you are thinking of going with. Post set up support is important, and make sure you compare the packages. Some sites offer third party fees included, some do not. Some sites expect you to get your Solicitor to process the documents for signatures, and some will do it for you. If you are the only shareholder in the company you should consider a Single Member Company. Here is a link for you to take a look at with further information.

Best of luck with it!

Advertisement