Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Donabate

Options
  • 10-01-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and my husband are thinking of buying a house in Donabate. Open to areas but I do like the idea of a nice shiny new house so we're thinking along the lines of Beverton or Carrs Mill.

Ive heard some feedback (mostly from years ago) that Donabate isnt the nicest place to live, no amenities, little boy racers, general bad element etc. We havent really seen this ourselves (apart from the odd group of teenagers hanging around the shops) however would appreciate any feedback anyone has.

We dont have kids yet, but hope to someday, any feedback on schools/ facilities for them as well would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

swords would have more for kids and parents , good health clinic for baby vacs. Amenities in swords are very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

I used to rent in Donabate then I bought in Swords.

Donabate is quieter, nicer place to live, imo.

Yadda yadda yadda - facilities....Donabate has shops, two beaches, golf courses, fewer people, train station, fewer people.

New community college - primary schools - leisure centre - there's no real scumbag element....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I think if you go back 10 years or so, Donabate was very poor when it came to amenities. There were no decent shops and not even a cash machine.

Now there's a small shopping centre and a decent doctors clinic. There is also a HSE clinic that does all the baby stuff. There was a community centre built around that time also which adds to the area.

Yes, there is an element here and we get vandalism form time to time, but you get that everywhere these days.

I haven't lived in Swords, but think I much prefer Donabate as it's quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Thanks for the feedback all! Any particular advise on those 2 areas? (Carrs Mill and Beverton)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I don't think there's much in it. The houses in Carr's Mill are newer and also closer to schools and the community centre. Beverton is closer to the train station. Really depends on your priorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LeafLeafy

Thinking of buying there also, did you buy in the end and how is it? Thinking beverton myself

Advertisement