Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Brushes?

• 10-01-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm starting a make up course next once and was wondering which brush set would be the best to buy or would another brand be better?

I can get the discount with Inglot or Mac but there's a big bit of price difference and was wondering is it worth it?

Many thanks!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

I've really good reviews about Sigma brush sets which can be bought online and are of similar quality to MAC or some Bobbi Brown brushes, check out some of the beauty blogs in Ireland for reviews :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I love the quality of Sigma brushes, I definitely wouldn't need to buy MAC ones now that I have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

Saaron wrote: »
    I love the quality of Sigma brushes, I definitely wouldn't need to buy MAC ones now that I have them.

As a matter of interest on the Sigma brushes, did you buy on their site? And what price did you pay.. I'm hearing loads about..taxes etc?:)

Taelated wrote: »
    As a matter of interest on the Sigma brushes, did you buy on their site? And what price did you pay.. I'm hearing loads about..taxes etc?:)

Yeah I bought them off their site, I can't remember the exact price for the full set but it was around $80/90. I don't think we had to pay any extra taxes etc, shipping was the only other thing I had to pay for and I doubt it was too expensive otherwise I wouldn't have bought them :P

Would definitely buy from them again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Oh thanks girls they sound very interesting, will defo do a bit of research into them! Very reasonable price as well! I'll get a discount off Mac or Inglot but they'll still be more than that!

• Advertisement

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Oh thanks girls they sound very interesting, will defo do a bit of research into them! Very reasonable price as well! I'll get a discount off Mac or Inglot but they'll still be more than that!

You could also look into Crown brushes, they have a huge range of brushes and sets :)

You could also look into Crown brushes, they have a huge range of brushes and sets :)

Just took a quick look at website, decent prices again, have you had any experience with their range?:)

Also was just browsing Inglot there and a lot of their brushes seem to have real hair, or list it as such anyway. I'm a big animal lover and vegetarian so this doesn't exactly thrill me, is this the case for most brush sets I'm assuming???:(

Hi, I have never bought any Crown brushes but have heard people talk about them on Youtube. They seem to get good reviews.

About the hair, not all brush sets use animal hair. I think MAC brushes use animal hair (I could be wrong) and obviously you said Inglot do to :(

I know Illamasqua brushes all use synthetic hair and are very good quality as well, I don't think you can buy them as a set though, only individually. Sigma brushes are also synthetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Hi, I have never bought any Crown brushes but have heard people talk about them on Youtube. They seem to get good reviews.

About the hair, not all brush sets use animal hair. I think MAC brushes use animal hair (I could be wrong) and obviously you said Inglot do to :(

I know Illamasqua brushes all use synthetic hair and are very good quality as well, I don't think you can buy them as a set though, only individually. Sigma brushes are also synthetic.

only some of Sigma brushes are synthetic

• Advertisement

only some of Sigma brushes are synthetic

Sorry! I thought they were all synthetic.

It was never an issue I even considered but it may be unavoidable, I'll try my best to do research and pick the best set that's kind to animals too:(

Sorry! I thought they were all synthetic.
    <br />
    <br />
    they have a new vegan range, the Bunny collection or something!

they have a new vegan range, the Bunny collection our something!

Wow just checked this out, this is what I want!!:D:D

I have some of their brushes , they are good but some have fallen apart already, had them about a year and a half

Ah ok, what a pity they seemed perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I have the Mrs Bunny set. VERY happy with them, glad I didn't bankrupt myself for MAC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Sigma brushed 12 kit essential set is 80 euro including shipping to Ireland, we don't get hit with Taxes either! They also have 'pro' lines available or vegan brushes!

Advertisement