Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to hire a house in March in Clare

• 10-01-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Folks

We are taking a break in March the week of the Paddys weekend 2012. We would like to stay in either lahinch, doolin or spanish point and looking for the best place to go and stay? we will book a house for the week...(5 days)-selfcatering...

any ideas? where to stay, the best town to stay in? thanks
    Emer

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

hi,

Will you have a car? What are you interested in? All 3 places have their own virtues, Lahinch is the biggest town, lots of people around, Spanish Point probably has the nicest beach, hotel, Doolin has some of the best pubs. They are all great spots for surfing as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11 etravels

Hey

We will drive down with our bikes.......

plan is to do lots of walking (trails..) and cycling....during the day and then at night we want a place to sit and relax in pubs and resturants. We won't be swimming or sunbathing as it will be freezing but with the car during the day we can also do all the smaller towns and sites!

Trying to book a house now ..

Thanks
    Emer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

In that case so I'd go for Doolin I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

+1 for Doolin :)

There should be a nice atmosphere in the pubs in Doolin for Paddy's weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

MrsD007 wrote: »
    +1 for Doolin :)

There should be a nice atmosphere in the pubs in Doolin for Paddy's weekend.
    Plus if you're down for Paddy's weekend the parade in Fanore is great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 etravels

Folks

Thanks for that, think my mind is made up so? and what about houses within the village of doolin, can we walk to the pubs...anyone know of a good place to stay for the week?
    Thanks
    Emer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

There are several developements of holiday homes in Doolin but some are miles away from the action. The best located and most central are The Tir Gan Ean holiday homes at the rear of the Tir Gan Ean Hotel. There is another group of Houses between Hotel Doolin and Tir Gan Ean Hotel but I cannot think of the name of the developement. Roadford House and Cullinans are the best restaurants but dont know if they will be reopening for St Patricks weekend. Check their websites.All the pubs do food.

Advertisement