Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaving cert exam no. ?? help

Options
  • 10-01-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

hi does anyone know where to get your old leaving cert exam number ??
    i done the lc back in '85. and need to get it for my c.a.o as i am applying as a mature studenr for a 3rd level place??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Its on your certificate which you will need to send in with your supplementary documents. If you don't have it you'll need to apply for a copy I think it takes about two weeks to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

dubdad wrote: »
    hi does anyone know where to get your old leaving cert exam number ??
    i done the lc back in '85. and need to get it for my c.a.o as i am applying as a mature studenr for a 3rd level place??

The state exam commission can give it to you 090 6442700. You will need your DOB, School name and the name you sat the exam under. I've had students be given their number over the phone but the actual cert can take a while to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dubdad

thanks for the phone number. i now have my exam number.
    surely i dont need to send in a certified copy unless it is pre-'85, i thought the exam number and year on your cao was all they require ????
    - my lc was in 85

If you are post 1985 you should be ok. You can email cao via the website if you are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dubdad

thanks paperclip2 , i'm ok with the exam no. and the year , only need cert. copies for pre-85. digitaljunkie just sowed a little seed of doubt there, but looking at the paper and online both look for the same thing, anyway i am just a little on edge with the whole thoughts of going back to edu. sure its normal.

great site this, usually use it for diy advice,
    thanks to all who take time out to answer all our questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

dubdad wrote: »
    thanks paperclip2 , i'm ok with the exam no. and the year , only need cert. copies for pre-85. digitaljunkie just sowed a little seed of doubt there, but looking at the paper and online both look for the same thing, anyway i am just a little on edge with the whole thoughts of going back to edu. sure its normal.

great site this, usually use it for diy advice,
    thanks to all who take time out to answer all our questions

Apologies for my earlier post dubdad (Hangs head in shame) was a little stressed with all these forms..............good luck with it anyway.

Don't worry about it folks :) It's stressful but will be worth it in the end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What a co-incidence, I've just thanked a post in .... the stickies i.I.r.c. that had a phone number to call to obtain you L.C. ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭tombom112

hey everyone, i've sent off for my leaving cert results, but i've found my junior cert results, is the exam number on that the same as the leaving cert exam number, thanks

tombom112 wrote: »
    hey everyone, i've sent off for my leaving cert results, but i've found my junior cert results, is the exam number on that the same as the leaving cert exam number, thanks

No they are two different numbers. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement