Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing a digital SLR

Options
  • 10-01-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

I have a Nikon D40, there is something loose in the body of the camera (a friend let it fall), so the lens won't focus or take pictures. I'm out of the country until the end of the month and my Dad is making enquiries around town - but can anyone tell me if there is anywhere in town, or around that can repair a camera or will I have to suck it up and bring it to Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Theres a camera shop across from the enterance of Johnston Court on OConnell Street. If they cant help you, am sure they would point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'm fairly certain that's the shop my Dad called into, they need to see it before they ascertain whether or not they can repair it - I was just hoping that I could look into a few more local options before taking it further afield for repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

there's a lovely guy who fixes cameras/lenses that hangs out in the photography forum. he can usually diagnose things with a proper good detailed description and give you an estimate of how much it might cost to repair - or if that's even cost effective. he's like a camera whisperer :p would highly recommend him. his name is zerohamster, there's a specific thread in the photo forum for diagnosis/advice :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056360566

if it was photofast your dad went into, they usually send it away [to dublin] for diagnosis but you pay for that, regardless of what needs to be done to repair it. so if they tell you it'll cost more to repair than replace, they'll charge you handsomly for that. i'd head to the photography forum first ;)

Advertisement