Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entrance to the Mid-Western Regional Hosp.

• 10-01-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain why the main entrance to the Regional Hospital is out of use and visitors are directed around to the out-patient's/ambulance entrance.

It is a bit of a nuisance as the O/P entrance is often congested with traffic, taxis, ambulances and people standing around the entrance smoking.

The main entrance was a far better option before it was taken out of commission.

This seems to be a more-or-less permanent arrangement now.

John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

the bug could be back so its normal procedure to control visitors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Posted by sonyair:

Surely using the back door isn't going to reduce the number of visitors?
    I mean....if you take the trouble of going to the RGH to visit someone, you'll still enter the hosp. even if you have to use the 'back' door?

Maybe the bugs get confused and don't know where the rear entrance is :D:D

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think it's crazy, you park over near the Out Patients entrance, walk up to the main entrance, that's closed then some will try the entrance via the A&E, still signposted but closed. Then walk back out and around to the OP entrance.

Little or no signposting for it.

I was in the A&E one day and I had to bring an elderly couple around to the OP entrance as they had't a clue where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

sonyair wrote: »

This is true. It's been closed since September until 2pm every day and then opens. Obviously infections only spread in the morning :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is also an entrance to the left of the main entrance off the consultants car park - tis about 15 metres or so left of the main entrance (i.e. go left at the zebra crossing).

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Always park on the left now,it's much handier than the other car park,just 2 min walk to the front door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

It's absolutely beyond me how they could even consider expanding an already backward-run hospital, despite increased demand of course.

No doubt the current kn*bheads will oversee the 'running' of the new wing too.

Advertisement