Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem as Router

Options
  • 10-01-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

probably a stupid question, but i have cable broadband and 2 ethernet over power adapters, basically I have the cable modem in the sitting room, with one of the adapters, which brings it wired ethernet up to the attic.

I used to have vodafone home broadband, and i have the Wireless modem still, I was wondering if i can use that as a wireless router in the attic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not as a wireless router, but you could stop it routing and use it as an access point. Login to it and disable dhcp, the firewall, nat and upnp. Then just use the lan port to connect it to your homeplug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

That's only going to work if your cable modem is actually a cable modem/router, which it probably is if you got it recently.

Advertisement