Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

claiming back v.a.t

• 10-01-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

hi all, just wondering which kind of things can i claim vat back. im full time farming and done a lot of work last year, i got a lot of fencing done by contractors, also i got a new well drilled plus pump, someone said i could claim for the pump. could anyone give me a rough outline of what things or services can be claimed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

You can claim on fencing, water infrastructure, well drilling, sheds etc.
    Anything which is a capital expense and is fixed, the link to the claim form is below, it contains fairly good advice:
    www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/forms/vat58.pdf
    I have submitted several claims and never had any hassle with it;)
    jd06 wrote: »
    hi all, just wondering which kind of things can i claim vat back. im full time farming and done a lot of work last year, i got a lot of fencing done by contractors, also i got a new well drilled plus pump, someone said i could claim for the pump. could anyone give me a rough outline of what things or services can be claimed

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭jd06

thanks for that, olso wondering do the forms have to be filled by professionals, or can i do it myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

no.very straight forward.just read all the small print as one or 2things could be dissallowed for saying the wrong thing on the form if uknow wat imean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I was sitting down with my accountant talking about what i could claim VAT back on and whether i could claim if i could justify it. One thing he said still makes me smile:
    He leaned back in his chair, interlocked his fingers and said,
    Its a mortal sin to even try and claim VAT on petrol.

Classic:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭jimbooth

I paid back a largeish loan to the bank last month, does anyone know if there is any vat to be claimed back from this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

jimbooth wrote: »
    I paid back a largeish loan to the bank last month, does anyone know if there is any vat to be claimed back from this?

No there is no vat on a loan. Usually only products I.e materials and services eg fencing. Check the vat 58 and it will tell what you can and can't claim for.

Advertisement