Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Dublin from the uk and need to find a school..?

• 10-01-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me with a little advice?

My smiley and I are moving across and my daughter is due to start primary school in September. I'm not sure a to the admission policies in Ireland? Are they administered by the school itself or the local councils like here in England?

Any help much appreciated x

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Each school is a seperate entity, so you apply to the individual school. many schools are over-subscribed and use their enrolement policy to admit pupils. In our school ,it is siblings first and then first come,first served.

I would contact any school you are interested in asap and see if you can get your child put on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Stars100

Hi

Thanks for this. So if there were no places in any of the primary schools in a particular parish, would we need to find one further from home?

Thanks again

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Yes.

Advertisement