Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zavvi.com pre-order delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Zavvi have the exclusive on the Ultimate HD Collection.
    Might be others without some stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya there not the fastest delivery wise,I pre-ordered a game before from them and they shipped it on the wednesday and I didn't get it till monday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

All my pre-orders for games released on Fridays arrived Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Zavvi are in Guernsey island.

There is no hope of getting something on release date. It will usually be shipped to the UK first and then to Ireland in my experience.

I would say 6-7 working days from dispatch is generally the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Alright well that's made my mind up. I think I'll leave this then because I just can't wait any longer to play it. Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Go with amazon,I find there delivery much faster.

This is the only collectors on Amazon. It's a private sale and a rip off.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Limited-Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection/dp/B005PSTTJA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1326291315&sr=8-6
    I have no problem getting the standard game at work, I just really wanted a collectors edition. I have a friend in the US having a look over there for me today so I might have better luck there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I have to say, that tee that comes with the games is gaddamn cool. Pity you can't get the box for PC, I would definitely have bought it.

Ya it does look class. I can imagine that t-shirt is either L or XL so it probably wouldn't be much use:rolleyes:

Go with amazon,I find there delivery much faster.
    Amazon are terrible on pre-orders in my experience.

I don't think they handle the large volume of orders very well.
    I'll get a game 1/2 days after it ships normally, but on pre-orders it takes at least 3/4 days, and they rarely send before release.

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Amazon are terrible on pre-orders in my experience.

I don't think they handle the large volume of orders very well.
    I'll get a game 1/2 days after it ships normally, but on pre-orders it takes at least 3/4 days, and they rarely send before release.

I don't think you'll get any game for release day from the uk websites,unless you live in the uk :pac:,if you want it for release day you'd be better off just ordering off gamestop and maybe pay the 5 quid for express delivery.

Thing is, I know amazon.co.uk CAN deliver to me in a single day.
    They just can't when I pre-order.

I don't mind waiting, so I usually use zavvi or thehut since they're super-cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

I saved up a bit before and decided to get some games off Zavvi. Spent about €-135-140 euro in total, got around 8 games (most €15 and under, some €20)

I thought they would be like amazon and send out all order at the same time, but they aren't. Plus they charge you delivery on every game. The fastest game came 10 days later (as opposed to 4 days from amazon) and the last game came around a month later. 2 packages contained 2 games, the other 4 came individually.

Never ordering from them again.

Advertisement