Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McPhails (Drogheda) this Saturday

Options
  • 10-01-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A band called Fader are advertised as playing in McPhails in Drogheda this Saturday. Are they any good? I always thought Catch 22 who used to be the house band were pretty awful so I'm dubious of the booker for McPhails unless they've changed. Any opinions? I like a bit of indie but I dont mind what music it is as long as the band are in tune and are in time!

Cheers...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 brianmcg90

Hey there. I heard fader play NAVAN couple of months ago. Very good band. Seen lots of bands over the years and these lads have a savage sound and light show up there with the rest. Not long on the go I don't think but definitely worth a look.
    Hi all,

A band called Fader are advertised as playing in McPhails in Drogheda this Saturday. Are they any good? I always thought Catch 22 who used to be the house band were pretty awful so I'm dubious of the booker for McPhails unless they've changed. Any opinions? I like a bit of indie but I dont mind what music it is as long as the band are in tune and are in time!

Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

They can't be as bad as Catch 22 anyway, can't understand how that band still get gigs all over the north east! At least I know someone else has sense! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

that's super guys, thanks for getting back to me. we'll head to mcphails so. there's no other bands on anywhere it seems this weekend so I'm glad Fader has a good review!

(if Catch22 was on I'd refuse to go...just knew it would annoy me!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 minimichelle83

Just wondering how Fader were last nite? couldnt make it down and was wondering if they were any good? Dont know what you are talking about in relation to Catch 22 by the way you must have just got them on an off nite or something.. I saw them in mCPHAILS last December and thought they were amazing, place was packed and they really got the crowd going, think you should give them another listen... I know they changed a few members over the last while but they really impressed me before xmas!

hi minimichelle! they were brilliant. singer was in tune and had a good voice. the drums were a little loud and i'd probably leave them a message about that cos their drummer had ear plugs in so he couldn't tell. i really enjoyed the range of genre of music. some of their songs didn't come off completely, i dunno if they were trying a new set but we had a really good night. would definitely watch them again.

i'll take your point about catch22..it is a few years since i saw them. if the singer has changed then i'd give them a go.

• Advertisement

Must check them out the next time they are in town... Ye I would check them out the next time they are in town think the singer with them used to play in big generator and their new drummer was also.... He has a great range and they have a good mix of old and new so I'm sure they will have something you will like... Any other good bands around??

Seen Catch 22 a few times recently and still wouldn't recommend them. But I'm fussy when it comes to music :D

Not much good bands around the North East at all I'm afraid, it's just the same old bands rehashing their stuff every weekend and its extremely boring at this stage.

I took a video of them so you can hear the singer and things:

https://www.facebook.com/reqs.php?type=1#!/video/video.php?v=10150591805171210&notif_t=video_processed

just be warned that there's a little bit of cursing in it.

let me know if it doesn't work too as it's on my facebook page so not sure if it'll work...

I took a video of them so you can hear the singer and things:

https://www.facebook.com/reqs.php?type=1#!/video/video.php?v=10150591805171210&notif_t=video_processed

just be warned that there's a little bit of cursing in it.

let me know if it doesn't work too as it's on my facebook page so not sure if it'll work...

Doesn't work

"The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

I'm guessing your page is private?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nalaovak

can only hear crowd singing for first half

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vh7N3DRAxg&feature=related

• Advertisement

yep my page is private..I've posted the video om youtube instead:

http://youtu.be/9julztWoAeI

it's not madly long, but you get the idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 workstoomuch

Anyone seen Fader at a wedding???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gary_34

I saw them at a wedding a few weeks ago. Thought they were very good!
    They played a real good mix of songs that i liked.
    I also went to see them in McPhails on Saturday and booked them for my own wedding on the night!
    Much better value than some other bands I priced. And they gave me a 20% discount because of some deal they were running on their website! Delighted :D

Just heard off one of my friends that the singer in fader is finishing in March so be careful.. think he is off on a cruse ship. Not sure if it's true.. Saw afterdark and catch22 at weddings last year both did a great job... The brides were friends of mine and said both were very easy to deal with.. I'm getting married soon so was just looking around myself!!!

waow, i'll have to find out about the singer in the morning! hopefully its not true.
    thanks for that. not sure why catch 22 were getting negative comments on this thread. i saw them a few months back, thought they were good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nalaovak

Only gone for a few weeks

I have contacted Fader since i read your comment and I was delighted to hear that the singer is not leaving them. He is only gone away for a few weeks or something. So i still have them booked!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Gary_34 wrote: »
    I have contacted Fader since i read your comment and I was delighted to hear that the singer is not leaving them. He is only gone away for a few weeks or something. So i still have them booked!

Hi Gary_34, just wondering about fader, we are thinking of booking them for our wedding, but reservations as they look a bit young, their website is impressive and their song choices were good, what were they like at the wedding you saw them at and I know you have booked them for your wedding, did they get the crowd going, where they flexible with songs etc ??

smiley963 wrote: »
    Hi Gary_34, just wondering about fader, we are thinking of booking them for our wedding, but reservations as they look a bit young, their website is impressive and their song choices were good, what were they like at the wedding you saw them at and I know you have booked them for your wedding, did they get the crowd going, where they flexible with songs etc ??

I had the same thoughts when i first saw them, that they look young.

However I was very impressed with them. They are excellent with the crowd. They also are very professional, just like their website.

So far they have been very easy to deal with. I have requested 2 songs for my wedding and they have no problem learning them. I assume they would have the same policy for you. :)

Advertisement