Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sequels: The Good, The Bad, and The Fugly [** NO LISTING **]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I'd agree on Toy Story 2 at least equaling its predecessor. Toy Story 3 I'd rate (only slightly) below the first two but still quite good.

I enjoyed Gremlins II as well, maybe not quite as good as the original but not a let down either.

Though perhaps overrated, The Dark Knight is another contender; I'd rate the film as being at least as good as Batman Begins (itself probably a tad underrated). In fact it even seems to have overshadowed its predecessor in terms of publicity hype. Personally though I prefer the atmosphere of the 1989 film. Likewise I found its first sequel, Batman Returns, to be decent enough, well compared to what followed anyway.

Staying on the superhero theme Superman II isn't that bad either.

The Harry Potter series might also have potential here but then again they're success is really routed in the books so probably doesn't count.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm going to merge these to create a sequel megathread - it's a slippery slope when we start doubling up on topics like these!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Superman II is better than the original I think, even the non-donner cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

bullvine wrote: »
    Superman II is better than the original I think, even the non-donner cut.

i agree. best...sequel...ever... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Superman II is a mess and not a patch on the original IMO. Maybe had Donner been allowed to finish it...

And, krudler, George Lucas does NOT consider TESB the worst Star Wars film. That's nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Arse, superman II is a really enjoyable movie, how is it a mess, so what its has some silly bits in it with supes havin some unusuall powers but the romance is superb and the whole coming back after getting his ass kicked is brilliant..

The Wrath Of Khan is the best sequel ever made in the way that its so much better than the first film and easily one of the greatest sci fi films ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I have 2 that are 2nd sequels which followed poor first sequels...

Indiana Jones and the last crusade. I think this is my favourite of the Indy movies. Less said about the last one, the better!

Mission Impossible 3. One of the best action movies of the last few years IMO. The recent 4th installment is decent but #3 tops it comfortably.

Advertisement