Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live 25 digit code not working??

Options
  • 10-01-2012 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hey guys got an xbox for the crimbo so new in here.
    hopin some mite be able to help.

need for speed the run, when i input the 25 digit code for the xbl it does'nt work. its a brand new game in the wrapper bought in smyths.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Easy to get 7 and 1 mixed up, and 8 and B.
    Log into xbox.com and redeem the code there (quicker than entering it on the xbox).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 laoisfella

Thanks Mr E will try that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

If it turns out it was a bad code they gave you Smyth's should just replace your copy if you get it back to them in a reasonable time frame.

To deliver an even better online experience, we're introducing the Origin ID, a single identity that will unify your gaming experience. Please create your Origin ID below.

K guys been on to xbox live chat and was sent to EA sports site after an hour, now i need what they are asking for above and have no idea what it is.

iv tried a few user names and that and also tried my xbox live user name but it keeps coming up saying.

Choose an Origin ID* : This Master ID is invalid or already exists

Origin is a separate account to your Xbox Live account. It will have a different user name and password (preferably). You will be prompted to make one on any EA game that's played online. Or you can make one on their website and use it when setting up an EA game online on your Xbox. Odd they're asking you for this since you haven't managed getting your game online since your code won't work. Did you say you were speaking to Microsoft support? And they fobbed you off to EA? Not surprising, whenever I've had a problem with a code for a game I just got the shop to sort it out. They'll usually replace the whole game or get their hands on another code for you.

You can create an account here:

https://www.ea.com/profile/register

Just use the details you use here on any EA games that require it in the future.

• Advertisement

Origin is a separate account to your Xbox Live account. It will have a different user name and password (preferably). You will be prompted to make one on any EA game that's played online. Or you can make one on their website and use it when setting up an EA game online on your Xbox. Odd they're asking you for this since you haven't managed getting your game online since your code won't work. Did you say you were speaking to Microsoft support? And they fobbed you off to EA? Not surprising, whenever I've had a problem with a code for a game I just got the shop to sort it out. They'll usually replace the whole game or get their hands on another code for you.

You can create an account here:

https://www.ea.com/profile/register

Just use the details you use here on any EA games that require it in the future.

done this yesterday and all is working fine now for the xbox live. thanks all

laoisfella wrote: »
    done this yesterday and all is working fine now for the xbox live. thanks all

Glad to hear you got it working, enjoy.

Advertisement