Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Can't access www.smallnetbuilder.com Help

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Still not working for me... Have contacted them again on twitter but again have just been told it's being investigated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jesus I've been going out of my mind about this, I haven't been able to access safelinking for weeks and google brings up nothing!

Trusty boards never fails!

Lenny wrote: »
    Still can't access it,
    what I have been doing is using a site like hidemyass.com and check the links that way
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
    Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\lenny>tracert safelinking.net

Tracing route to safelinking.net [46.165.197.92]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  SECRET-SERVICE- [192.168.0.1]
      2     *        *       14 ms  46.7.20.1
      3    22 ms    13 ms    11 ms  109.255.250.222
      4    12 ms    10 ms    12 ms  84.116.239.9
      5    20 ms    16 ms    10 ms  84.116.238.58
      6    24 ms    10 ms    10 ms  dbln-t2core-a-ae-0-0.aorta.net [213.46.165.2]
      7    21 ms    42 ms    36 ms  ldn-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.249.135]
      8    48 ms    30 ms    32 ms  prs-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.254.209]
      9    52 ms    56 ms    41 ms  ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.245.100]
     10    88 ms    45 ms   105 ms  ffm-b10-link.telia.net [80.91.251.120]
     11    84 ms    53 ms   107 ms  leaseweb-ic-146205-ffm-b10.c.telia.net [80.239.1
    32.74]
     12    55 ms   164 ms    45 ms  xe-2-1-1.peering-inx.fra.leaseweb.net [46.165.25
    5.98]
     13    44 ms    44 ms    34 ms  te3-3.hv1.dtb.leaseweb.net [46.165.255.125]
     14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     17     *

This works but where you have to ''Prove you are human'' I can't see any symbols or words that I have to type, does that happen for anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bolvanka

I have the same problem on 46.7.xx.xx ip, but I am using https://www.torproject.org/ as a workaround, safelinking then shows and the captcha as well

Hope this helps ))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

that works, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

colferma wrote: »
    Yep, same problem here. IP begins with 46.7 and can't get on to safelinking. I wonder did any of the earlier posters get this sorted yet? I'm looking in Skittle's direction, for example.

M
    I've been back onto UPC recently and all they say is that they are aware of the issue. I asked for my IP address to be changed and they said that they couldn't do that. So I'm stuck using the Tor Browser that I had mentioned before and bolvanka mentioned previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

My IP starts with 79, so it must not be anything to do with the IP, very frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Des wrote: »
    I actually hate UPC customer service.

Yes, I still hate the customer service people, they have absurd policies and procedures, and are generally rude and completely unwilling to help, and routinely tell lies. It's their policy.

BUT.

The technical guy who's been going through this issue with me, he's great, and he told me either he himself, or someone he works with, has been reading this thread. So just in case there's any confusion.

Customer Service = Bad
    Technical Guys = Good

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 its.my.escape

Just got a call from UPC there now and the issue seems to of been fixed, can load sakelinking.net without any issues and still on 46.7.xxx.xxx ip address

Fixed here too :) Sweet

Still can't access,

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/

I know a few on this thread had the same problem when I asked.

• Advertisement

PAU wrote: »
    Still can't access,

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/

I know a few on this thread had the same problem when I asked.

Works fine for me and worked before safelinking was fixed... Maybe it's a different problem?

Well I couldn't open the site from the OP so I was thinking it was the same issue, tried clearing DNS, Google DNS everything, I know they moved servers a while back but my IP isn't blocked so it must be a UPC thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

success_baby.jpg?1251168454

• Registered Users Posts: 5 raffraffraff

Sorry to revive an old thread but... is this type of problem frequent with UPC? I got connected last month and I've just noticed that I can't get to my wife's website. It works perfectly over my emobile 3G connection but I'm getting "Problem loading page" on UPC. As with the previous cases, it's not a DNS problem because the IP is resolving correctly. This is worrying because my wife runs a small business by herself, and it's 100% internet based - this could lose customers and make it seem as if her website is off the air.

Is anybody on UPC able to do a quick test for me?
    1. Let me know if www.baglady-designs.com know for you
    3. Post your IP address (or if you're paranoid, your subnet)
    4. If you have some geek in you, post the output of tracert / traceroute

I'm going to log a call with UPC, so it would be nice to include information that might help them find the dodgy router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Is anybody on UPC able to do a quick test for me?
    1. Let me know if www.baglady-designs.com know for you

No problem here

bealtine wrote: »
    No problem here

Cheers, but ...points 2 & 3? See, I'm sure most people will be able to access the site, but I want to know which subnets do or don't work. I have a suspicion that the UPC customers who have problems will all be on the same range of IP addresses. Those outside that range will be fine. If I can pass this information to UPC, it should make it much easier for them to locate the router with the dodgy routing table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Cheers, I want to know which subnets do or don't work. I have a suspicion that the UPC customers who have problems will all be on the same range of IP addresses.

109.255.136.xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭r00t69

It took involving comreg before UPC sorted this problem for me. I had intermittent issues accessing my website from my UPC connection; but the site was live. Went around the house for 4 months with a ton of different technicians.

It has been around 3 months now and I have zero issues. However it had nothing to do with my IP/Subnet as access came and went on the same addy, I have no idea what UPC did to correct the problem but it was 100% on their end.

r00t69 wrote: »
    It took involving comreg before UPC sorted this problem for me. I had intermittent issues accessing my website from my UPC connection; but the site was live. Went around the house for 4 months with a ton of different technicians.

That's not good. It's one thing being a customer and not being able to access a website - you can always go use another ISP if you really need to - but if you run your own business over the internet, you could be losing any number of potential customers. UPC are very popular due to their high speed fiber connections, and for all I know, half the country might not have access to our site.

It's always good to mention Comreg when you're on the phone making your complaint, but in reality, they just 'ensure' that the service provider has an adequate complaints process.

Advertisement