Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO practice application form & CAO handbook PDF link

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Thanks for that...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Hi folks.

As its the season for it I thought I'd stick up a link to the CAO demo application page for them as might want it. It gives you a chance to practice filling out the online form so you can see what you have to include and what paperwork you might need to get organised to send, etc.

Hope it helps.

http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=demo&d=page1

Edit: I'll sticky it for the time being.

Hi, sorry this might sound like a silly question. I want to start my CAO application, by putting some info in at the moment. I want to do a bit over a week or so. Do I enter and pay my credit card details at the start of the process or do I not enter that in until last minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry this might sound like a silly question. I want to start my CAO application, by putting some info in at the moment. I want to do a bit over a week or so. Do I enter and pay my credit card details at the start of the process or do I not enter that in until last minute?

As far as I can remember you need to enter them when asked otherwise you cant continue filling in the application .

As far as I can remember you need to enter them when asked otherwise you cant continue filling in the application .

Thanks for your reply, does the application start once I do that? Or is this just a registration. I havent got all my transcripts ready to send in within seven days, slightly confused! Basically I want to start the application, but not send it in, just do a bit of it everyday.

There's no final submit to CAO. To my knowledge your application is updated on their server as you go along. You're asked to save your work at intervals so its a good idea to have your documents etc ready to send when you start inputting the information.
    You can update and amend your application before the 1st of Feb as often as you like and then again from the end of February (I think) as long as you aren't adding restricted application courses.

• Advertisement

There's no final submit to CAO. To my knowledge your application is updated on their server as you go along. You're asked to save your work at intervals so its a good idea to have your documents etc ready to send when you start inputting the information.
    You can update and amend your application before the 1st of Feb as often as you like and then again from the end of February (I think) as long as you aren't adding restricted application courses.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

I want to apply to a few media courses as a mature student, can I do this all online? I am not applying using my leaving results so will I actually need to post anything to the Cao office in Galway?

stephen.87 wrote: »
    I want to apply to a few media courses as a mature student, can I do this all online? I am not applying using my leaving results so will I actually need to post anything to the Cao office in Galway?

If the courses are in a university or Institute of Technology and you are applying to first year then there is a good chance that you will have to apply via CAO.

You need to check with the course provider.

As a mature student you may have a bit more work to do to apply than a straightforward leaving cert applicant. The closing date is Friday Feb 1st so you need to get cracking.

Advertisement