Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Xbox or PC?
    Considering Xbox gets DLC like two months earlier I'm leaning towards that.

Xbox if your interested in zombies .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

No AK?

Fantastic

AN-94 is a slight variant of the AK's design if I remember correctly, it will probably act like it when fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Headshot wrote: »
    You dont play it on the pc, I guess

Nuketown on the pc is a beast, try playing demo. Just unreal stuff

nahhhhhh.... nuketown on PC is awwwwwwful dude ! I don't know how you actually enjoy it ! I stand there with my finger on the trigger and get instant chopper gunners !

I enjoyed most of the maps in blops tbh, i'll get blops 2 Anyway, like others have said, its only a few quid fs, im sure even at its worst i'll get 20 hours out of it (MW3 got more than that and its horrible). As long as the core gameplay isn't ****, you can always just join and favorite servers that have rules you like (No killstreaks, **** perks etc).

Perks look alrite, some of those killstreaks sound awful tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Apparently the "see through wall sight" attachment, only shows players who are standing still. That and ghost only working if you are moving stops so much camping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Don't think it will, moving a couple of inches to stay off radar isn't exactly difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Looks brilliant and can't wait for november! Respect to Treyarch for trying to push the COD franchise in new directions!

PS Nuketown is one of the greatest COD maps! that is all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Looking forward to it, but the whole Xbox getting DLC ahead of PS3 sucks monkey nuts! Thought that aspect was all finished after the last contract ran out but obviously not! And I know you can just get yourself an xbox and that solves it but I still think that's gonig a bit far to get content a couple months in advance.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

AdamD wrote: »
    Don't think it will, moving a couple of inches to stay off radar isn't exactly difficult.

Treyarch are better than that, they will not let people get away with moving in small circles. You'll have to move properly I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Looking forward to it, but the whole Xbox getting DLC ahead of PS3 sucks monkey nuts! Thought that aspect was all finished after the last contract ran out but obviously not! And I know you can just get yourself an xbox and that solves it but I still think that's gonig a bit far to get content a couple months in advance.:mad::mad:

Xbox live is a paid service, psn is largely free. Part of that paid service goes toward timed exclusives as well as other things like demos and other assorted crap. PS3 users have an advantage in that they get the feedback from xbox users experiences with the dlc. Generally the consensus on xbox is the dlc for black ops/mw3 is sub par and you're possibly better off investing in another game instead of elite.

Over time you become quite disillusioned with the way that many of these games producers operate and they repeatedly hype themselves or their wares. My guess is that nuketown 2025 will be free to all sometime after release and that it's a ploy to get pre-orders numbers, it's blatantly playing up to those whose bought black ops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Is it with preorder or elite sub that you get Nuketown? Wouldn't mind preordering but definitely not getting elite

• Advertisement

I still think anyone who plans on purchasing all DLC anyway, should just buy elite.
    And the fact that its Treyarch there will be good DLC, and good new zombie maps so most people will buy the DLC.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I find DLC extremely over priced, not sure I'll ever bother getting it again. Would be grand if you could just download the new multiplayer maps individually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I still think anyone who plans on purchasing all DLC anyway, should just buy elite.
    And the fact that its Treyarch there will be good DLC, and good new zombie maps so most people will buy the DLC.

You're well off there, Treyarch's dlc for black ops was very poor on the whole. Stadium and the zombie maps were the only high points; 1 good map out of 8 is a shockingly bad return (I didn't buy the last map pack) if you're main interest isn't in zombies. There was a design your own CoD thread on here a good while back before mw3 came out, and most players wanted treyarch to do the updates and old IW to make maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

What the hell!!

No 2nd chance... Defo not buying!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The best maps from the older games should all be online for free like they've done with Terminal in the last couple of months. Or at least make them available to paid elite members, thats about the only thing that would convince me to subscribe to elite.

Watching the stream, seriously disliking the shoutcast style, If I wanted to watch MLG I would watch MLG streams. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mark1003

Its gonna be just as **** as every other call of duty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They really come up with wtf were they thinking things but that scope just takes the biscuit tbh

This is hilarious. Get pro players on stream, make them play 6v6 tdm killstreaks hahaha

• Advertisement

I wonder if that stream was from a hd pvr, or from the live stream feature in game.

I do laugh at the part that they listen to the community

very funny stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

COD casting, Esports blah blah, who gives a crap about that feature?????

COD casting, Esports blah blah, who gives a crap about that feature?????

A lot of people ;)

another form of tdm, lol.

The match making idea is pretty good I have to say

Multi TDM 3v3v3v3 :eek: was only taling to Furious (I think) about that last week,sounds interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

E Sports is a tiny minority in the COD community, I dont understand why they are putting so much emphasis on it.

I do like the M8A1 Rifle, Burst fire which can become automatic with an attachment. Seems to be my M16 replacement for BO2.

iMuse wrote: »
    E Sports is a tiny minority in the COD community, I dont understand why they are putting so much emphasis on it.

I can understand the implementation of these tools and reaching out to the competitive scene but still, it feels like it's being rammed down my throat already.

Also deathmachine doesn't reset upon death. nice.

lol he spawns right beside an enemy player

oh cod you never change lol

• Advertisement

How long is the stream on for?

The entire event is on for the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

E-sports, e-sports, e-sports...

Urgh this is just boring. I would be so much more interested if they talk about the features rather than shout casting, it's like they assume we understand the new class systems.

That Hastro guy and Vonderharr or whatever his name is sound like complete bafooons.
    You're better off watching the youtube streams uploaded the last couple of days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It actually looks much better than I expected tbh.

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same thing myself.
    I don't know why he is classified as an amazing codcaster. His voice is dull and boring and he isn't getting excited over many things.

Hastros pretty bad at casting tbh

round based domo >

Hastros pretty bad at casting tbh

Agreed, I honestly think I can do a better job. :pac: Don't hold me to that :D

Delighted to see Caps/Defends back on the scoreboard!!

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Agreed, I honestly think I can do a better job. :pac: Don't hold me to that :D

His monotone voice kills me lol

• Advertisement

His monotone voice kills me lol

Yeah, agreed, he made some slip ups like saying the Iron sights improve hip fire accuracy, I was a tad confused. Anyways, looks like that the good stream is tomorrow, community games where they will go in depth with the features without shoutcasting.

Why would you even want to be a professional shout caster??? Just play the damn games. Weirdo's

That was a waste of an hour.

Why would you even want to be a professional shout caster??? Just play the damn games. Weirdo's

Shoutcasting looks like it can be good to kind of branch out of your simple commentary style, maybe meet other YouTubers by offering to shoutcast their matches. But seriously if you're going to do it, make sure you can at least do it right. Vonderhaar was understandable because it was his first time doing it, but Hastro is apparently a professional and Von was on the same level as him.

Hes got a job at Treyarch and got flown to Germany, would you rather that or to 'just play the game'? :rolleyes:

Was a wierd stream, they kept going on about esports but showed us 6v6 tdm with bat**** crazy guns. Perk system looks nice

Some of the EGL commentators are actually good although tbf to the people today it must be hard to commentate over a match whilst explaining the game/guns/perks/game modes. In saying that they could have at least kept up with who was winning and who had what flags lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

some of the killstreaks in the game, while playing domination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

Apparently there's going to be pub gameplay today and a competitive tournament with proper rules tomorrow

Stream is just more codcasting, big surprise, tuning off.

Cargo seems to be the only map in the whole game

Cargo seems to be the only map in the whole game

The Xbox stream is a repeat from yesterday, the twitch.tv is a new one but again they are advertising codcasting and Hastro is shoutcasting so it might as well be a repeat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement