Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just a word of warning to everyone who preordered the hardened or care package edition in gamestop, They didn't get enough limited editions of Halo 4 in to cover the preorders they had leaving people dissappointed. It will be €60 in most places for standard edition, HMV will probably do it for 50-55.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

IPAM wrote: »
    Probably between €45 and €60 at a guess and depending on the shop. Tesco is usually pretty cheap
    thanks for that.i have it pre ordered with game stop,so i am stuck with whatever price that they will have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

For anyone that wants there are some cool videos here: https://hotfile.com/list/2117911/952e026

The camos look badass!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Next November will be a cluster-free zone. Thank God.

Just found this :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just a heads up if you haven't pre-ordered the game and are planning on picking it up launch day. Keep an eye on Tesco the day before, the one in Castlebar had Halo 4 for sale a day early so I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens with BLOPs 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

^ is that some sort of joke?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    lol see most of the bidders?

Not a chance that will be seller

Yeah I half guessed, but still... some very sad individuals out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Yeah I half guessed, but still... some very sad individuals out there.

I WON!!!!!!!!......... oh...... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

If I don't pre order the standard edition and just go to tesco and pick it up is there anyway I can get nuketown 2025??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dubdude wrote: »
    If I don't pre order the standard edition and just go to tesco and pick it up is there anyway I can get nuketown 2025??
    I'd imagine you could get it as DLC somewhere down the line, but I dunno how much that would cost or when it would be out.

Think nuketown 2025 is i pre order only bonus. Like when you pick it up if pre ordered they will give you a code along with the game to download it. I remember when I pre ordered BF3 i got a separate printed page with a code on it for the pre order stuff.

That said if u were picking it up early on launch day you might get a spare code thrown in with your purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Denny M wrote: »
    I'd imagine you could get it as DLC somewhere down the line, but I dunno how much that would cost or when it would be out.

Not sure if it's true or not but saw clip on Youtube this morning from Tmrtn saying David Vonderhar said on Twitter that there are no plans to release Nuketown 2025 at a later date in a DLC it will be only available on pre order....could just be sayig that that bump up pre orders so who knows if he's serious or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

So if you don't preorder this you never have to play nuketown? Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

So if you don't preorder this you never have to play nuketown? Brilliant

I don't see the problem with pre-ordering. You can just go in and put down a fiver to pre-order it then pay the rest on launch day as you would have done anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I think I will pre-order this game and collect it in a bricks and mortar shop.

Went to pre-order yesterday and the staff gave me weird looks and said they'd never heard of it. Left confused and carrying 2 bags of cement and measuring tape (they were on offer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Will Feature Multiplayer Live-Streaming Via YouTube
    Brian Ashcraft
    Activision's FPS sequel will be breaking new ground when Call of Duty: Black Ops II allows players to broadcast live in-game multiplayer streaming to YouTube from the Xbox 360 and PS3.

As previously mentioned, the new functionality is a first for modern consoles, allowing them to transmit gameplay in real-time. The streams will be viewable on web browsers and mobile devices through the Call of Duty Elite service as well as individual YouTube accounts. Integration with the Elite service will let registered members view stats, loadouts and match data of the player broadcasting the match. The YouTube livestreaming will be available right on Black Ops II's 11/13/12 release date.

http://kotaku.com/5958773/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-will-feature-multiplayer-live+streaming-via-youtube

Does the same apply to the nuke town zombies map?
    If ya don't pre order it you won't get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamesnash.ie have extended their Boardsies deal and you can still avail of the offer (preorder BLOPS 2 and get a voucher to use on their site) Full details below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056771401

Anyway, last COD I played was BLOPS 1, skipped MW3 and wasn't pushed on this until I saw the Zombies campaign mode, that just looks class! Also, thats a brilliant addition being able to stream your game to youtube!

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »

I'd imagine so

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

PerrinV2 wrote: »

You need to pre-order the Hardened Edition for nuketown zombies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Speaking of Nuketown, with the game already being leaked Treyarch have given the go-ahead for people who already have the game to livestream so get ready to be inundated with BLOPS2 over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

that kill confirmed, kill confirmed is fair ****ing annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Headshot wrote: »
    that kill confirmed, kill confirmed is fair ****ing annoying

Then don't play it? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

It seems that the few places we already know about Zombies are only the start of the Tranzit map! Look at this video...there are big underground labs etc.

Girlfriend just told me she is going to pay for my hardened edition on Tuesday morning!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

srumball wrote: »
    Girlfriend just told me she is going to pay for my hardened edition on Tuesday morning!! :D:D:D:D

your gf is getting you hardened, aww yeah.

• Advertisement

You need to pre-order the Hardened Edition for nuketown zombies.
    yer one behind the counter in game stop told me that nuketown zombies comes with the standard edition pre ordered

mr bungle. wrote: »
    yer one behind the counter in game stop told me that nuketown zombies comes with the standard edition pre ordered

Yer one is wrong. You just get the normal nuketown with the standard game.

Yer one is wrong. You just get the normal nuketown with the standard game.
    ah fcuk.at least i know now and won't be gutted when i get the game next week.cheers

mr bungle. wrote: »
    ah fcuk.at least i know now and won't be gutted when i get the game next week.cheers

No problem, this link will clear it up

http://www.gamezone.com/products/call-of-duty-black-ops-2/news/black-ops-2-nuketown-zombies-not-included-with-standard-pre-order-bonus

OTHER LISTINGS ARE GOING FOR OVER 2,000 DOLLARS! NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO PLAY THIS GAME EARLY AT A BETTER PRICE!

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I'm tempted to make an ebay advert of BO2 and say how it's unsealed, unused blah blah blah and not mention anything about getting it early, just rant on and see who bids and send them a copy on the day of release.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    I'm tempted to make an ebay advert of BO2 and say how it's unsealed, unused blah blah blah and not mention anything about getting it early, just rant on and see who bids and send them a copy on the day of release.

Ingenious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

x43r0 wrote: »
    I don't see the problem with pre-ordering. You can just go in and put down a fiver to pre-order it then pay the rest on launch day as you would have done anyway

I wasn't complaining. I'm actually happy that by not pre ordering I won't have to play that **** map. I used to hate when it came up in blops and everyone would vote for it two games in a row

On another note:

IGN livestream:

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/11/03/ign-live-presents-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii

and the prestige emblems, which look, awesome.

Prestige_Icon_1_BOII.png

Prestige_Icon_2_BOII.png

Prestige_Icon_3_BOII.png

Prestige_Icon_4_BOII.png

Prestige_Icon_5_BOII.png

Prestige_Icon_6_BOII.png

Prestige_Icon_7_BOII.png

Prestige_Icon_8_BOII.png

Prestige_Icon_9_BOII.png

Prestige_Icon_10_BOII.png

And my favorite:

Prestige_Icon_11_BOII.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Ive ordered the hardened edition of blops2 but im just wondering what you get extra from the standard edition. I know that if you prebook the standard you get nuketown map. If you get the hardened you get the zombies nuketown also. Is there anything else? I really dont need some crappy coins and a soundtrack thing. They say you wont be able buy the nuketown map if you dont preorder but i think thats crap. Id say you can just buy it after a week or something. Is it really an extra 20 for just nuketown zombies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Ive ordered the hardened edition of blops2 but im just wondering what you get extra from the standard edition. I know that if you prebook the standard you get nuketown map. If you get the hardened you get the zombies nuketown also. Is there anything else? I really dont need some crappy coins and a soundtrack thing. They say you wont be able buy the nuketown map if you dont preorder but i think thats crap. Id say you can just buy it after a week or something. Is it really an extra 20 for just nuketown zombies?

Pretty much yeah and an extra camo lol The map will be available to buy eventually

iMuse wrote: »
    Pretty much yeah and an extra camo lol The map will be available to buy eventually

Ya think so? My bro has my head wrecked to get the hardened edition just for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

iMuse wrote: »
    Dam i should have just bought the standard and bought the extra zombies later, would have saved some money. Lol! Thought it was just activision that rip people off. :) Blops 1 hardened edition gave you alot more than this! Its actually a bit more than 20 euro extra i think. :( Not too late to cancel i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

When do you think we will start to see reviews? as late as monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

MiCr0 wrote: »

At like 5 mins into the gameplay, a guy hacks an enemy mine, nice little feature :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i'd always though it would be great to be able to hack the balistic vests so they always appeared on the radar

Anyone have the game yet? If so, how does it play?

I think Cereal Rapist is picking it up today so he'll hopefully be on here later to give some first impressions

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Just bought it now. There was an update so posting while waiting. Got the normal edition and on the back it says Nuketown 2025 included.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Fücking bullshït. Servers are down for online play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement