Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i cannot believe alot of people are saying its awfull:confused: its honestly the best call of duty game ive ever played!

my only complaints are things that youd expect with a brand new game...

game freezes alot when a game first starts, emblem editor etc take ages to load and my nuketown cod isnt working...yet. anyone else have that code problem yet?

so far its second to COD4 as being the most fun without being infuriating to play, I'm sure that'll change once the Ghost brigade start showing up for now I'm enjoying this far,far more than I expected. High five for Treyarch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Am I imagining things or did BLOPs1 have a game mode with no Ghost? Is it in 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

IPAM wrote: »
    Am I imagining things or did BLOPs1 have a game mode with no Ghost? Is it in 2?
    It did ya....no ghost or 2nd chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Ghost is there is it not. Its a high level perk. At least I thought I saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I mean is the game mode from BLOPs1 that didn't allow ghost/2nd chance in BLOPs2?

Also, when you prestige do you lose your perks or is only a matter of time before the place is riddled with ghost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

What's up with the knife? Can't kill anyone with it! Guess its a good thing as I've hardly been knifed so far..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

IPAM wrote: »
    I mean is the game mode from BLOPs1 that didn't allow ghost/2nd chance in BLOPs2?

Also, when you prestige do you lose your perks or is only a matter of time before the place is riddled with ghost?

the gamemode is not in this........I don't think it is anyway. Don't know if you lose your perks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Give it a few weeks after most people have prestiged and they'll all unlock ghost with their prestige token. Then everybody will be giving out about it like BO1.

On a side note, I'm only realising now how much I depended on sound whoring in MW3. Im not doing as good in FFA and SND because I cant hear a thing. I'm not getting sound whored either so its not too bad.

holy crap I forgot about gun game and the like, woohoo didnt realise they were in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Anyone having trouble getting a game of solo zombies?

It just says 'creating lobby' and doesn't change at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Anyone having trouble getting a game of solo zombies?

It just says 'creating lobby' and doesn't change at all.

Ye happening aswell, I can't sign into the servers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

I hope it takes more bullets to put someone down like blops 1. I was much more consistent in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Servers down on ps3 at the moment. Anyone else getting this message when trying to log on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

LakesKeane wrote: »
    I hope it takes more bullets to put someone down like blops 1. I was much more consistently hacking in that!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Servers down on ps3 at the moment. Anyone else getting this message when trying to log on?

Down on Xbox too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Hopefully it's nothing major...just updating maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i cannot believe alot of people are saying its awfull:confused: its honestly the best call of duty game ive ever played!

What makes it the best cod so far?
    Hopefully it's nothing major...just updating maybe

They've been down from about 12 on the ps3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

What makes it the best cod so far?

They've been down from about 12 on the ps3

I was playing up until around 3 and they just crapped out on me.

GTA 5 trailer is in 8 minutes anyway so we can watch that while we wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Down for me too >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Just seen you can get black ops in super valu for €40 euro...... absolutely devasted i didnt wait!!!!

risteardb wrote: »
    Just seen you can get black ops in super valu for €40 euro...... absolutely devasted i didnt wait!!!!

bloody gamestop, 20 quid difference is nuts. I got mine on a voucher but still thats 20 quid that could have went towards something else if their pricing was fairer.

Whats the 'install texture pack to hdd' option? Will it improve graphics? I've never seen it on a PS3 game before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Chavways wrote: »
    Whats the 'install texture pack to hdd' option? Will it improve graphics? I've never seen it on a PS3 game before.

Nope, just less work on the blu-ray drive and slightly faster load times.
    I think it was in BF3 too, that was the first game I saw it on.

might try that later

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gamer_Niall

What supervalue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Is ps3 server down cant join a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Been spending a lot of time with multiplayer and loving it so far. The Heavy Gunner class default primary weapon is brilliant. Have topped a few games already and gettin 15-20+ kills in each with it :D Enjoying the Raid, Hijacked and Slums maps.

Started single player today and it's very very impressive, 3d is the best I've seen on any game yet. Still undecided about the strikeforce missions though, they seem to be more for a filler than actual story, but their outcome does affect the storyline.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Been spending a lot of time with multiplayer and loving it so far. The Heavy Gunner class default primary weapon is brilliant. Have topped a few games already and gettin 15-20+ kills in each with it :D Enjoying the Raid, Hijacked and Slums maps.

Started single player today and it's very very impressive, 3d is the best I've seen on any game yet. Still undecided about the strikeforce missions though, they seem to be more for a filler than actual story, but their outcome does affect the storyline.

Slums is a good map, reminds me of a cross between favela and havana. some juicy sightlines on it, which is something i thought blops1 had a huge lack of.

What is going on with these servers at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

What supervalue?

Got mine in the Corbally one in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Are the servers still down for anybody else? Some of my friends are able to play, and the COD website says they are up, yet every time I search for a game it tells me its unable to and to try again.

I even gave up and tried playing some solo zombies, 5 rounds in it disconnected me from the servers and ended my game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got my amazon delivery today, shipped on monday, not bad going at all. 2 minutes after the postman dropped it off the elelectricity went off, I **** you not! If I wasn't headin off for a surf I might have cried!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Most of my mates are playing online but it won't let me, it's a fúcking joke tbh, not impressed.

Are the servers still down for anybody else? Some of my friends are able to play, and the COD website says they are up, yet every time I search for a game it tells me its unable to and to try again.

I even gave up and tried playing some solo zombies, 5 rounds in it disconnected me from the servers and ended my game.

I haven't been able to play since 3pm.Its a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I haven't been able to play since 3pm. Its a joke.
    If you have another account that'll probably work, my main account won't work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Are ye all on xbox 360? Been playing for the last hour with no hassles.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Are ye all on xbox 360? Been playing for the last hour with no hassles.

Nope, PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Same as, still cant get on since 3pm, changed search prefs, restarted router, turned PS3 on and off, nothing worked...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

Still down here too.
    Ps3
    My uncle is playing away though, lives just up the road :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

PS3 here can't connect since 3, but my brother is playing no problem on his PS3. -_- This is bollocks!

• Advertisement

Having no issues with ps3, one host migration timeout but 3-4 bars every game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

The user review score on metacritic is very low for this game at 4.2 out of 10. The majority are saying its just a repetitive game from the franchise. These were the same reviews of MW3 which i bought and i thought it was basically a very expensive map update. Not sure whether to get it now or not. What do people think of it so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Ok so I got online by using my other PSN account, what gives? The plot thickens......must have something to do with previous game data or the tags maybe as I've never played COD on the account that is working. Strange one.

Still loads in Tesco Galway. With nuketown too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The user review score on metacritic is very low for this game at 4.2 out of 10. The majority are saying its just a repetitive game from the franchise. These were the same reviews of MW3 which i bought and i thought it was basically a very expensive map update. Not sure whether to get it now or not. What do people think of it so far?

Better off renting it. This reminds me more of MW than anything else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Still loads in Tesco Galway. With nuketown too.
    Grand,I'm in Galway tomorrow,might be tempted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

how do ye all find BO2 compared to the other COD games? Thinking of getting it but I've a feeling it's gonna be so similar to MW2?

(Edit: With zombies added of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

I've had all the call of dutys, and so far this seems the most balanced and fun. Nothing seems over powered, if you're being shot you seem to have a chance to get away before you're dead (especially if they're using an smg from range which most are), and for me anyway the lag seems non existent.
    Apart from not being able to get online for the past few hours then the past two days are the best COD experience I've had.

played 2 or 3 games tonight and then couldn't connect to the blops server after that. I like it alot so far, you can turn on people and you aren't down in 2-3 bullets .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Only 100 for a kill in search and destroy??

Advertisement