Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

Only 100 for a kill in search and destroy??

Think that's just your streak points. I believe the actual XP is more. Check your post match score to be sure though, I haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Oooh, they've gone to Defcon 4

"ALL ONLINE SERVICES ARE ENABLED. OCCASIONAL TEMPORARY INTERRUPTIONS CAN BE EXPECTED AS SERVERS STABILIZE TO ACCOMMODATE NEW USAGE LOAD."

Is that a joke ?

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/status

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

dacogawa wrote: »
    Oooh, they've gone to Defcon 4

"ALL ONLINE SERVICES ARE ENABLED. OCCASIONAL TEMPORARY INTERRUPTIONS CAN BE EXPECTED AS SERVERS STABILIZE TO ACCOMMODATE NEW USAGE LOAD."

Is that a joke ?

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/status

It's been at defcon 4 since I checked at about 3pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

It's been at defcon 4 since I checked at about 3pm today.

Was at defcon 4 when I checked at 1pm before playing.

By the way, the league matches work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

It's running smooth on xbox. My only let down is getting killed. Other than that it's running grand.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Obvious rust aside due to lack of CoD since January till now and being Battlefieldied Yes, just made that up. Quite enjoy it. Maps so far are by and large good. There are some grievances with the game but perhaps I'll comment on them another time as I think it's down to me not having stuff unlocked only having started tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's running smooth on xbox. My only let down is getting killed. Other than that it's running grand.

I'm finding it hard to even get a 1 KD :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Since last night I can't play online, only zombies.

Argh!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did the XBL server just go down for everyone?

Loving the game so far, much more fun than mw2 and it actually feels like a new game rather than an update. The new features in multi player are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Do these people not have a customer care that we can call and complain for a bit to make ourselves feel better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

keep getting cut from games & just there my PS3 totally crashed while loading a game.. had to reset.. not too happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

and again.. wtf is going on its totally freezing my PS3!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Can't get a game at all now for the last hour. The only two games I managed to get were by joining a friends session that he somehow managed to get! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

couldnt get on at the last hour, sigh, and it was so good on launch night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

there now aware of the problem and are trying to fix it:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/In-game-connectivity-issues-with-Black-Ops-II-on-PS3

there looking for those affected to fill out this form to help them:

https://support.activision.com/contact_us?st=a0qU0000000O6nWIAS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Few if signed out of Xbox earlier then couldn't connect. Could have happened to everyone. Mixed night. Getting chinned alot in it. Losing alot of 1v1. Got host finally on tdm and revenge was sweet. 3 bullet kill. Kill around corner. The usual stuff. K/d up the left as well 1.07. As much as this game annoys me. It'll grow on me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Able to get back online as of about 3hrs ago.
    No lag, in to games straight away.
    So far so good.

Load of snipers though. Are people trying to keep their K:D ratio high or something? What has happened to running around shooting people for fun. Too many snipers makes me rocket them in the head, would rather not do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Just got mine in tesco. There wasnt any nuketown ones left on the shelf. But you have to go to the customer service desk to get it and when i got home it had the nuketown. Sweet......jus got desteoyed in my first match though

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pulpfictionost

Nothing but, Error Server not available since I got the game @ launch.

I can still play all other COD's. wtf is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I'm in the lobby but it keeps waiting until there are 12 max before starting. Can't get online whatsoever. Not arsed with game now to be honest. Will probably trade it in for fifa

• Advertisement

I said this for BOPS and MW3 on here. But people need to give the game a week before moving on whether that be selling or trading in. It's not an ideal situation I know that, namely on the PS3 but a patch is no doubt incoming shortly. Just my 2c.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

winston82 wrote: »
    I'm in the lobby but it keeps waiting until there are 12 max before starting. Can't get online whatsoever. Not arsed with game now to be honest. Will probably trade it in for fifa

Don't get FIFA, it's a glitchy broken piece of ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I said this for BOPS and MW3 on here. But people need to give the game a week before moving on whether that be selling or trading in. It's not an ideal situation I know that, namely on the PS3 but a patch is no doubt incoming shortly. Just my 2c.

Completely agree with this. The first week or two will always have issues. It's fine to say they should have tested properly etc. but anyone with professional IT experience can testify as to how difficult it can be to recreate a test environment that matches the kind of capacity the BLOPS servers are experiencing right now.

The best they can do (and what they probably did) is test as big as they can beforehand and prepare a deployment strategy to react to initial demand post release

I presume this issue is only with ps3 because im on xbox and its fine. It is a bit of a disgrace though. A lot of kids around the world will be crying....telling their mothers the game is broken haha

x43r0 wrote: »
    Completely agree with this. The first week or two will always have issues. It's fine to say they should have tested properly etc. but anyone with professional IT experience can testify as to how difficult it can be to recreate a test environment that matches the kind of capacity the BLOPS servers are experiencing right now.

The best they can do (and what they probably did) is test as big as they can beforehand and prepare a deployment strategy to react to initial demand post release

How about an open beta to minimise launch problems?

beta players expect problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

In fairness it's the same thing ever year at launch. Anyone who has has a previous cod should expect this.

In fairness it's the same thing ever year at launch. Anyone who has has a previous cod should expect this.

I don't think it is fair. It's ridiculous.

Surely with more experiance and money they should offer a working service from the start.

I don't even play the game. I bought it for my 12 year old brother and he is raging. It's quite funny, but not for him.

It'll be a cold in hell before that happens to be quite blunt. It's Activision we are talking about after all.

If we look back in time at say MW3 for example. If there was a beta, the game should have been delayed for a further three - six months IMO. Would they (Activision) have done that, delayed the game I mean? Not a hope. Even still, Treyarch like Infinity Ward have 2 years to make a game and they hold private betas. Really no excuse. It's fairly clear that we get a port of an Xbox game anyway, aside from the original Infinity Ward since MW2. The ports have been shoddy to say the least.

Also, why waste resources over a beta when you can be focusing on PR? That's how Activision looks at things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Blops1 was a disaster on ps3 at launch, sure you can see the posts on the previous megabitch thread, mw3 was the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

right....kept freezing on my old fat 80gig ps3, switched to my slim 120g ps3 and it was fine. had an update at 2.45 am night before last, everyone in the clan had to restart to get matchmaking sorted - no biggie. however, since then getting an online game with the clan has been impossible. i mean literally, no online game that we could all jump into. we all have open nats and decent internet, so thats a bit of a sh**er. teething problems aside, i find the gameplay very, very good. i like the new pick ten system, and i like the guns and attachments. maps are good, but are actually starting to become a bit repetitive already! my main gripes are the sound and the hardcore mode. i find the sound effects very bassy and its very difficult to hear an enemy until they are right on top of you. Hardcore mode is lacking game types although that will no doubt be sorted at some stage. it is quite similar to blops in many ways (nuketown is still a heap of muck!), but i actually prefer the original! having said that i would have this over mw3. for me its a solid 7.5 out of 10. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Prestiged my weapon last night. Waste?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

anyone else getting server not available??havent been able to play online since i got it.got to the game lobby once but it just kept looking for good games to play with but stayed on 0/50.can play BOPS online no problem but cant play COD MW3 online(ive actually never been able to play online)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭eddiejn

@Wexfordboy89

thats an issue with ur router , and the answer is to change your firewall protection to low , from medium .... not recommended , but that s the answer

eddiejn wrote: »
    @Wexfordboy89

thats an issue with ur router , and the answer is to change your firewall protection to low , from medium .... not recommended , but that s the answer

thanks got to the game lobby teamdeath match dont seem to be working tho :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

New issue cropping up for me today, basically in all team based games it will firstly find a game as normal and then it will just get stuck endlessly rebalancing the teams.

mayordenis wrote: »
    New issue cropping up for me today, basically in all team based games it will firstly find a game as normal and then it will just get stuck endlessly rebalancing the teams.

yep thats whats it doing for me league games seem 2 work ok(well so far)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Prestiged my weapon last night. Waste?

What did you get? Never knew you could do that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

CptMackey wrote: »
    What did you get? Never knew you could do that?

Prestige 1 allows you to put your clan tag on the gun. Prestige 2 allows you to place your symbol on the gun.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yep thats whats it doing for me league games seem 2 work ok(well so far)

Thanks for that, this'll do, although I'll probably get ruined to bits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

For those having issues with the PS3 version of Black ops a fix has been found. It also fixes Skyrim DLC and Battlefield 3 input lag. It also reduces the chances of hacking and downtime due to maintenance.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9263910/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+360.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

haha, or you could join the PC master race ! Fixes all those + 100fps/Dedicated servers !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

does anyone know does the scavenger perk restock AA launcher rockets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

For those having issues with the PS3 version of Black ops a fix has been found. It also fixes Skyrim DLC and Battlefield 3 input lag. It also reduces the chances of hacking and downtime due to maintenance.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9263910/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+360.htm

He's right folks, and if you order now they'll throw in a little 'extra' for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

This question has probably been answered before but I'm confused. I got the regular edition but it has the Nuketown 2025 map included. Is this only available for Zombies or can I play Nuketown on multiplayer aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I have the pre ordered nuketown version but still haven't played this map, do i have to download it or something?

Liam90 wrote: »
    I have the pre ordered nuketown version but still haven't played this map, do i have to download it or something?

there should be a code on the back of the card at the bottom left hand corner yu have to redeem it on Playstation store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Never mind found the code thingy

Liam90 wrote: »
    Never mind found the code thingy

no problem some people have had problem downloading the map say that there code was already used.some on another forum had there code used germany and i think they lived in the uk :confused:

Chavways wrote: »
    This question has probably been answered before but I'm confused. I got the regular edition but it has the Nuketown 2025 map included. Is this only available for Zombies or can I play Nuketown on multiplayer aswell?
    Ya i havent played it yet in multiplayer either. How does it work?

• Advertisement
Advertisement