Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Hi guys, does anyone know where the cheapest spot to pick up Black Ops 2 would be now? I checked my local tesco but they didnt have any copies left for E45

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Hi guys, does anyone know where the cheapest spot to pick up Black Ops 2 would be now? I checked my local tesco but they didnt have any copies left for E45

Not too sure but maybe have a look in gamestop, they're bound to have a few second hand copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

is there anywhere to get the season pass cheaper for ps3?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,405 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

donegal. wrote: »
    is there anywhere to get the season pass cheaper for ps3?

I use this site for points: http://electronicfirst.com/cheap-microsoft-points/buy-cheap-microsoft-4200-points/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 davebushe

eoin2nc wrote: »

SuperValu have been doing them at 39.99 for a while now. Not always on display, you have to ask at the desk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

There's already two smgs in the game that beat that. You just have to watch the pros play to see nearly all of the use the msmc and the pdw.

Chicom + FMJ + Fast mag + Fast trigger finger = Win all day long :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

You don't even need a fast trigger finger for the Chicom,it fires fast enough :P.

Attempting to get diamond guns is quite frustrating,especially the headshots parts.

Other bits are easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Kells... wrote: »
    You don't even need a fast trigger finger for the Chicom,it fires fast enough :P.

Attempting to get diamon guns is quite frustrating,especially the headshots parts.

Other bits are easy
    It takes ages alright, I have two assault rifles gold and two smg's are on the way, no attachments or perks doesn't help k/d ratio much

It takes ages alright, I have two assault rifles gold and two smg's are on the way, no attachments or perks doesn't help k/d ratio much

I've diamond on the smg's and now working through the shotguns. I personally think the best game mode to play with no perks or attatchments is free for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Use overkill with your other SMG, no perks or attachments and stock up on lethals.. easy way to get the 150 kills

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

miralize wrote: »

Use overkill with your other SMG, no perks or attachments and stock up on lethals.. easy way to get the 150 kills
    Cheers ill get cracking with that now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Cheers ill get cracking with that now

its easy enough to do if you go into demolition or hardpoint or big scoring games, think it took me about 6-7 matches? no perks or attachments and you do both challenges at once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Is there a Boards clan/team? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Yeah theres a BRDS xbox clan thread here somewhere about joining etc. usually a full party on every night, everyone's welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Zyzz wrote: »
    Is there a Boards clan/team? lol

And just to add to that, go to this thread and add any of the players listed as they are the most active ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

miralize wrote: »

If you use overkill can you equip the same gun in the primary and secondary slot?

I was using overkill and then secondary gunfighter and just trying to rank two different primarys at the same time.

Once you get past the 100 headshots getting gold is easy enough, but that grind to get there is awfully tedious. Just 99 headshots left to get with the Chicom.

Makaveli wrote: »
    If you use overkill can you equip the same gun in the primary and secondary slot?

I was using overkill and then secondary gunfighter and just trying to rank two different primarys at the same time.

Once you get past the 100 headshots getting gold is easy enough, but that grind to get there is awfully tedious. Just 99 headshots left to get with the Chicom.

No they have to be different guns

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

I've diamond on the smg's and now working through the shotguns.

I'm working on the shotguns too, just finished the s12. The one shot kills took me ages, it doesn't have much range! Getting through the KSG quick enough, don't get as many kills as with the s12 but they're nearly all one shots! Haven't really used the m1216 much, is it any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Working on the launchers, have gold SMAW and RPG just working on the stinger now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

zero19 wrote: »
    Working on the launchers, have gold SMAW and RPG just working on the stinger now.

The last 2 challenges are a bitch.

Good luck trying to:

1: Find a lobby using AGR's
    2: Destroy that fúcker

kellso81 wrote: »
    I'm working on the shotguns too, just finished the s12. The one shot kills took me ages, it doesn't have much range! Getting through the KSG quick enough, don't get as many kills as with the s12 but they're nearly all one shots! Haven't really used the m1216 much, is it any use?

I have gold on the Remington and the KSG. KSG is easy enough to rank up (I actually really like using it and the range is really good with 2 shot kills over fair enough distances) because more often than not you get the one shot kill which is what you need most in terms of ranking up.

Moved onto that M12 thingy and it's awful. Rarely get one shot kills with it. Haven't used the S12 before but been killed a few times by it and I imagine it's easier to one shot with that than the M12.

The last 2 challenges are a bitch.

Good luck trying to:

1: Find a lobby using AGR's
    2: Destroy that fúcker

I only ever see AGRs from package drops, rare enough, fun little things when you get one though, watching people panic and run away as you trundle after them launching rockets :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugglasdav wrote: »
    i wouldnt be surprised if treyarch make the new DLC gun one of the best, forcing people to buy the DLC

Why do I have to be kicked? Why always me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Is there a PS3 clan? Or have I just retardedly missed it? :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

krudler wrote: »
    I only ever see AGRs from package drops, rare enough, fun little things when you get one though, watching people panic and run away as you trundle after them launching rockets :pac:

And they take two hits to kill as well, luckily enough enemy team called one in on Hijacked so just sat on one of the balconys and took one out easily enough....the harder ones to get now are the user controlled ones as it seems it's only dragon fires that are like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

davebushe wrote: »
    SuperValu have been doing them at 39.99 for a while now. Not always on display, you have to ask at the desk.

Super Valu sold out in the first week..... Game stop are very expensive

What kill:Death ration do people get? i normally manage on a good game 15:14 with an assualt riffle, and that's not being a camper or anything!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

risteardb wrote: »
    What kill:Death ration do people get? i normally manage on a good game 15:14 with an assualt riffle, and that's not being a camper or anything!!!

45-23
    15-44
    32-8
    11-28
    and so on

I can't play long sessions of this game it just wrecks my head.

• Advertisement

Usually about a 1.5 K/D depending on map and the weapon I'm using but as above the game is very inconsistant and sometimes I could go 10-25 or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Start of game,I played horribly as did most I play with lately I've been playing decently enough,2-3kd most games.I've noticed I've become more objective orientated in this with the captures being worth something and capture kills being worth double the normal points.

Usually go postive but not massively, I ragequit a lot from being thrown into almost over games, blops2 is awful for it, being stuck on teams losing by 100 points on a dom match, fcuk that.

And they take two hits to kill as well, luckily enough enemy team called one in on Hijacked so just sat on one of the balconys and took one out easily enough....the harder ones to get now are the user controlled ones as it seems it's only dragon fires that are like that....

The VTOL and one of the other higher ones counts too, possibly warthog, which ever one is like the ac130. You're talking 3 rockets to take them down though, worth carrying black hat to take the first hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

don't think this has been posted yet

Those maps look cool, I like the skate park and the one with the flood, nice addition, good to see a snow map back too

• Advertisement

Does anybody know when it's coming out for the ps3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Does anybody know when it's coming out for the ps3

Feb 28th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i know i asked this already, but...
    is there anywhere cheaper than psn store to buy the season pass for ps3 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

so torn about getting these maps. i dont think i like the game enough to get them, despite how good they look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Can't wait to use the RC XD on Grind - :D

That lodge map reminds me of Estate - James Bond here we come!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Whats the story with match making these days. I dont seem to be able to find any games and after an age I get put in a game halfway through and with 3 yellow bars but feels more like 2.
    Normally play Merc or Chaos Moshpit, but even Core TDM doesnt find me a game.
    I've played around with preferences - Any, Normal, Best and they all are really slow to find a game.

Up until a week or two this wasnt a problem - maybes its some 'hotfix' they put in that doesnt like me?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

swampyk08 wrote: »
    Whats the story with match making these days. I dont seem to be able to find any games and after an age I get put in a game halfway through and with 3 yellow bars but feels more like 2.
    Normally play Merc or Chaos Moshpit, but even Core TDM doesnt find me a game.
    I've played around with preferences - Any, Normal, Best and they all are really slow to find a game.

Up until a week or two this wasnt a problem - maybes its some 'hotfix' they put in that doesnt like me?

Doesn't seem to have improved much to me, but i hear Vonderhaar is concerned that the fore grip attachment may be of very limited use on most guns so maybe they'll buff it...priorities at Treyarch.

Someone put up a video on youtube (Drift0r maybe?) showing how it has no positive affect on any gun bar the Scar-H and it makes a couple of guns drop in accuracy. Hardly game breaking. What is game breaking though is not being able to get into a game...

Some nights I get into good lobbies on KC, where it's majority Irish and UK players. Then other nights I struggle to get into any of them and when I do it's nothing but Spanish/French/German players and my connection takes a nose dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Makaveli wrote: »
    Someone put up a video on youtube (Drift0r maybe?) showing how it has no positive affect on any gun bar the Scar-H and it makes a couple of guns drop in accuracy. Hardly game breaking. What is game breaking though is not being able to get into a game...

Some nights I get into good lobbies on KC, where it's majority Irish and UK players. Then other nights I struggle to get into any of them and when I do it's nothing but Spanish/French/German players and my connection takes a nose dive.

Exactly, can't see a fix coming anytime soon unfortunately which is sad because if they sorted the connection problem the game would be fairly well balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

I think the slow matchmaking kicked in over Xmas - maybe the volume of people playing is killing the matchmaking servers.
    I dont remember previous CODs being as bad as this to find a game.

Could it be your ISP? The reason I ask is I have no problems at all finding a game, usually within 15-20 seconds. With a full party it can take longer but for the most part it's OK and hasn't changed from what I can see.

Connection to me seems to have improved alot since release as well IMO. Now don't get me wrong, there are times when I have THOSE games but usually it's grand

Seems to be random. Was finding games easily on Xbox last night but the night before on PS3 it was hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

When will us psn users get the Dlc?

28th Feb I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Ah balls month later then xbox. :mad:

Need some new maps, getting bored. The new ones look good aswell.

Any price? €15??

• Advertisement
Advertisement