Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opticum HD TS 9600 PRIMA HDTV-Combo-Receiver

• 10-01-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi to all...

Can somebody tell me if I were to import this item from a German retailer, will it work here ???
    It will be used for Saorview and UK Freesat.

Thanks
    pc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

yes it should,

or you could get it locally, use Boards.ie code for 5%

http://satworld.ie/product-info.php?Opticum_HD_9600_Prima_Combo_Satellite_Terrestrial_Receiver-pid185.html

You get local support + warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Came up before

Why are you paying so much for a combo box ?

Is it the 1080p ? Read that thread above as the "p" is a misnomer. Also if you have your heart set on that particular box, you will pick it up for €120 plus postage from DM Trade in Poland.

Also please note that it is not Freesat but Free to Air Satellite stations. The difference is that there is no Freesat software that displays for example the 7 day epg on satellite, just now next data in the epg.

You can also get a ferguson combo in the shops here for less than €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Not sure how much you are paying for it on that German site. But its also quite cheap on this Polish site http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1627&id_kat=278&id_typu=0 Its quite a reliable site because theres a few discussions about it in the foreign sat section and I've bought several items of them and had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭PC

Thanks to all for your input. The German site is actually Amazon.de and its on sale for €134 + €10 postage. I'm not so sure about the Polish site as I'm more familiar with the Amazon site and find it easier to navigate around. My main concern is that it's works here and another issue is the menu language...obviously it will be in German but will there be an option to change that to English ???
    The satworld price is €174.99...a little bit on the pricey side even allowing for the boardie discount, and further more I'll probably be buying two or three...it won't affect the postage !!!

Thanks again and if anyone has any more price options please let me know.

pc

• Advertisement

PC wrote: »
    Thanks to all for your input. The German site is actually Amazon.de and its on sale for €134 + €10 postage. I'm not so sure about the Polish site as I'm more familiar with the Amazon site and find it easier to navigate around. My main concern is that it's works here and another issue is the menu language...obviously it will be in German but will there be an option to change that to English ???
    The satworld price is €174.99...a little bit on the pricey side even allowing for the boardie discount, and further more I'll probably be buying two or three...it won't affect the postage !!!

Thanks again and if anyone has any more price options please let me know.

pc
    If you ask for 2 or 3 they'll probably give you a discount as its a dear enough box

STB wrote: »
    Came up before

Why are you paying so much for a combo box ?

Is it the 1080p ? Read that thread above as the "p" is a misnomer. Also if you have your heart set on that particular box, you will pick it up for €120 plus postage from DM Trade in Poland.

Also please note that it is not Freesat but Free to Air Satellite stations. The difference is that there is no Freesat software that displays for example the 7 day epg on satellite, just now next data in the epg.

You can also get a ferguson combo in the shops here for less than €100.

Cheers STB...finding DMTRADE quite hard to navigate through? Is there an English version ???

Cheers
    pc

sob1467 wrote: »
    Not sure how much you are paying for it on that German site. But its also quite cheap on this Polish site http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1627&id_kat=278&id_typu=0 Its quite a reliable site because theres a few discussions about it in the foreign sat section and I've bought several items of them and had no problems.

Thanks Sob1467 for that link...having a good look at the moment and their prices/shipping seem good.

Pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kacaksireland

Ok there is some serious problem with opticum prima9600 when you watch HD channels using hdmi cable, picture is good, but when you switch over to non HD channel picture is very bad.

But the funniest thing is when you use scart lead and watch non hd channels picture is better then using hd cable.
    So i wont recommend you to buy that box.Also its to expensive.
    Another big minus is the channels u see on the Chanel menu list is only 10 in one row.
    I have personally tested that box, also the same problem with opticum prima mini.

Better go with opticum HDTS x703p

Using one of them and works perfect.Also easy to use and install sat/terrestrial TV.All new images for box can be installed trough usb stick

In my other post a said bought that box from this guy for 125eur
    http://www.adverts.ie/home-services/professional-all-satellite-installation-30-euro/823575
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

http://www.adverts.ie/home-services/professional-all-satellite-installation-30-euro/823575
    Hope this helps.

So you bought it from yourself? Hope you got a good discount.

• Advertisement

why would you buy a box for 125 off a dodgy installer when you can get it for 130 in a real shop in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 dicey2

Ok there is some serious problem with opticum prima9600 when you watch HD channels using hdmi cable, picture is good, but when you switch over to non HD channel picture is very bad.

But the funniest thing is when you use scart lead and watch non hd channels picture is better then using hd cable.
    So i wont recommend you to buy that box.Also its to expensive.
    Another big minus is the channels u see on the Chanel menu list is only 10 in one row.
    I have personally tested that box, also the same problem with opticum prima mini.

Better go with opticum HDTS x703p

Using one of them and works perfect.Also easy to use and install sat/terrestrial TV.All new images for box can be installed trough usb stick

Hope this helps.

i dont have that issue at all. picure quality is excellent wether its in hd or sd.

this is my first ever combo box. have to say very impressed with it. very easy to setup, very easy to use. picture quality and recording is excellent.

only down side is the epg is a little clunky but i can live with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Does anyone know if this receiver can work as a media player (avi, mkv etc.)? Also if you can record one channel and watch another at the same time?? Master google doesn't give mention of either :confused:

manual_man wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this receiver can work as a media player (avi, mkv etc.)? Also if you can record one channel and watch another at the same time?? Master google doesn't give mention of either :confused:

deosnt work as a media player. the x7 which i also have does http://globo.com.pl/?y=3&cmd=show&category=2&prod_id=41

dicey2 wrote: »

deosnt work as a media player. the x7 which i also have does http://globo.com.pl/?y=3&cmd=show&category=2&prod_id=41

Do you get hd channels with your x7? just wondering what to expect from the picture quality, was looking at the 9600 coz it has 1080p but might go for the x7 if there's not much between them, since it's cheaper. Cheers

funnily enough i get more hd channels with the x7. i honestly dont notice any difference from a picture quality point of view between either box

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shylo

I have a opticum satelite box and I can't get the rte stations on it. I did have them after October 31st this year but they stopped working a few days ago and I'm unable to rescan them. Does any one know why I have this problem and how to fix it.

Shylo wrote: »
    I have a opticum satelite box and I can't get the rte stations on it. I did have them after October 31st this year but they stopped working a few days ago and I'm unable to rescan them. Does any one know why I have this problem and how to fix it.

the satellite coordinates may well have changed with the advent of the digital switchover. Try googling for info, or the rte website itself. If all else fails, contact rte directly

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

how do u get the 7 day epg i can get them some time for irish channels but the english channels only have the next 2 can i tune in a channel or something

and how do you get teletext or red button features to work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

These boxes do not do 7 day epg on satellite. Just now/next data.

As regards teletext I presume you are talking about RTE's teletext. On Saorview they use MHEG5 a middleware which these boxes do not have. But you can work around that by copying the encrypted RTE1 from the 28.2 satellite to your favourites channel list. Despite the fact that it will say its a scrambled channel pressing text will pull up the RTE teletext for you.
    the satellite coordinates may well have changed with the advent of the digital switchover. Try googling for info, or the rte website itself. If all else fails, contact rte directly

What what what... :)

i heard of people where they wud download the epg. can u do this for the prima?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mohamedahmed

I own Opticum HD TS 9600 PRIMA HDTV-Combo-Receiver. Everything is working fine except the Ethernet (multi-media). Can someone help me how to fix this problem?

I wonder can you download some firmware/ tune in a channel?

Also getting red button interactive features?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Gravelly Guy

I wonder can you download some firmware/ tune in a channel?

Also getting red button interactive features?

No, just like you couldn't a year ago.

You can manually tune in channels, but it won't get you an EPG or interactive features.

Any master password pin code?

Advertisement