Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formica.

Options
  • 10-01-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can source Formica.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Noyeks or Dublin veneer and ply

What excatly do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I am installing a work surface on a boat, worktop is too thick so i'm using 25mm ply and i need some Formica to cover it, i also need to cover some exicting surface with the same stuff, i was hoping i could buy it on a roll, i'm located in the west so would need to buy online.

It comes 10' x 4 x sheets. Needs to be cut oversize to allow it to be trimmed to the surface your laminating and also filed to clean it up.

Have you any experience in this sort of work?

No. I thought evostik on both surfaces would do it ???

It will be edged with hocky stick beading.

You only get one chance with the evostick once it's dry to the touch which is how it needs to be on order to get a good bond.

U need to use spacers when applying the laminate too it's substrate and work down it carefully while rubbing it in with a cloth. When you come to a spacer remove one or two and keep working your way along.

Once one work from the middle out to get rid or any air bubbles.

You can also use it to edge the edges instead of using hockey stick on the edges

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Maybe if i can get hold of some Formica i'll take it and the ply and get a Chippy to do it, doesnt sound like a regular DIY job.

Thanks again.

I can do it for you no problem at all if you want?

Thanks for the offer i'll keep you in mind, need to find the formica first.

I can supply the Formica for you

Will PM you.

• Advertisement

Ok cheers

Advertisement