Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to buy a sim free iphone in dublin

• 10-01-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

i am looking to buy a new iphone, does anyone know where to buy them in dublin. besides going to apple.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Tefral

jamescc wrote: »
    i am looking to buy a new iphone, does anyone know where to buy them in dublin. besides going to apple.

Compustore at the bottom of grafton street probably do em. Apple deliver them sim free though I got mine within 3 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I think apple is your only option AFAIK

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Sim free, www.apple.ie is your only option.

Resellers like compuB don't sell iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

eeloe wrote: »
    Sim free, www.apple.ie is your only option.

Resellers like compuB don't sell iPhones.

ye i was just looking it looks like it is the only place, 600-700 is the price that i have been getting

thanks for your help

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

599 for a 16gb
    699 for a 32gb
    799 for a 64gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭shanec1928

eeloe wrote: »
    599 for a 16gb
    699 for a 32gb
    799 for a 64gb
    they have went up with vat
    new prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

also check adverts.ie

is the apple shop still open in Grafton street. i think that would be my best bet

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

is the apple shop still open in Grafton street. i think that would be my best bet

The ONLY place that sells sim-free iPhones in Ireland is the Apple website. No shop sells them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

whiterebel wrote: »
    The ONLY place that sells sim-free iPhones in Ireland is the Apple website. No shop sells them

Apples only store in Ireland is in Victoria Square in Belfast. They sell them also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

is the apple shop still open in Grafton street. i think that would be my worse bet

Fixed your post :D

There is no Apple store in Ireland at present, Only shops that sell Apple products. The nearest Apple Store is Victoria Square in belfast, and they sell sim free iPhones.

Your only option at present is :

1. Drive to Belfast
    2. Order from www.apple.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

they have went up with vat
    new prices...
    Jesus, when i see it..... Its frightening:eek:

Still love 'em.

kceire wrote: »
    Fixed your post :D

There is no Apple store in Ireland at present, Only shops that sell Apple products. The nearest Apple Store is Victoria Square in belfast, and they sell sim free iPhones.

Your only option at present is :

1. Drive to Belfast
    2. Order from www.apple.ie
    i have a free travel pass but will be ordering from apple

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

i have a free travel pass but will be ordering from apple
    Apple has 8GB iphone 4 for sale also think they are around the €500 mark

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

and the sim free ones on the apple site will work with any Sim's in the republic? i ask as i thought O2 had some exclusivity deal on them but i want to buy one that will be on vodafone...............

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

pzer wrote: »
    and the sim free ones on the apple site will work with any Sim's in the republic? i ask as i thought O2 had some exclusivity deal on them but i want to buy one that will be on vodafone...............

It'll work with any sim. O2 deal expired a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

pzer wrote: »
    The exclusivity deal with O2 ended. I think all the main carriers now offer the iPhone, Vodafone definitely do. If you plan on sticking with them (and don't plan on travelling a lot), it would be a lot cheaper to get it from them directly as an upgrade if you are entitled to one (unless you are on a great plan that cannot be transferred). The Apple Store iPhones are factory unlocked and will work with any carrier in Ireland regardless as to whether or not they officially carry the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

Johnmb wrote: »
    The exclusivity deal with O2 ended. I think all the main carriers now offer the iPhone, Vodafone definitely do. If you plan on sticking with them (and don't plan on travelling a lot), it would be a lot cheaper to get it from them directly as an upgrade if you are entitled to one (unless you are on a great plan that cannot be transferred). The Apple Store iPhones are factory unlocked and will work with any carrier in Ireland regardless as to whether or not they officially carry the phone.

You also have to get a micro sim from whatever provider you go with for it if its the iphone 4 & 4S.
    The 3GS uses a regular sized sim.
    I'm on Vodafone's cheapest plan for the iphone it's €45 per month minimum on an 18 month contract. If a second hand sim free phone could be gotten and used on a pay as you go it would be a lot cheaper as i tend to use the wifi at home for any large downloads so i use a fraction of the data part of the plan every month.

Advertisement