Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

whats happened that link isnt workin or bringing me to the right page

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

http://businessandleadership.com/business/item/37027-boots-opens-new-store-in/

Good News:
    New Boots superstore opening next Wednesday (12th Sep) with 30 new jobs.

Bad news;
    Clerys to close their home furnishing store in the retail park

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/clerys-to-close-blanchardstown-store-565200.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

ongarboy wrote: »

Good News:

Bad news;

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/clerys-to-close-blanchardstown-store-565200.html
    That is really bad news about Clerys! :mad:
    Much prefer it to the likes of Homestore + More.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

When is Nando's opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

No surprise about Clerys. There was never anyone in there. I got some great bargains there though so it's a pity.

I wonder if anyone is lined up to take over the existing Boots units.

Nandos is due to open in October I think. It's already on the map on the website.

• Advertisement

No surprise about Clerys. There was never anyone in there. I got some great bargains there though so it's a pity.

I wonder if anyone is lined up to take over the existing Boots units.

Nandos is due to open in October I think. It's already on the map on the website.

Yeah, I got a lot of knock down price items there as well when I was furnishing my home (and they were all good quality stuff that still looks well 7 years later!). It did always have a deserted feel about it however so not too surprised at it's closure but sorry to see it go.

Haven't heard what's replacing the old Boots. The one upstairs is a big unit so maybe it will appeal to a big fashion multiple like GAP or Hollister?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

More ladies clothing stores, that's what the centre needs- you can never have too many (apparently)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

They really need to do something with those empty units though. I know most of them closed because of their parent companies (Peats, Game, Sony Centre etc) but it looks like places are abandoning the centre. I mean, once that new Boots opens then that'll leave another two units empty (assuming they move both current ones into the new one). Really need another game/music/movie store to keep HMV and gamestop in check.

I believe Harvey Norman are opening their furniture section in the current Clearys unit next to them them, when Clearys close. Also heard McCabes might be moving into boots old location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

How many pharmacies does one need in a Shopping Centre?!

I reckon Superdrug would do great there, they have one in Omni and in The Square and they're always busy. Great deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

The two boots which have been there will close and there will just be the one large one.
    Was in the other day and they had leaflets explaining.

They really need to do something with those empty units though. I know most of them closed because of their parent companies (Peats, Game, Sony Centre etc) but it looks like places are abandoning the centre. I mean, once that new Boots opens then that'll leave another two units empty (assuming they move both current ones into the new one). Really need another game/music/movie store to keep HMV and gamestop in check.

In fairness, while there seems to be a lot of exits out of the centre, Blanch also gets replacement tenants fairly quickly. Their website link below just announced 10 recent new entrants including Sketchers,KFC, Yankee Candles, Foot Solutions, Cell Again, Boots, Herbal Inn, Sugar Dolls, Nandos and DFS. There are lots of centres around the country in far worse shape than Blanch and are like ghost shopping centres with all the empty units.

I think the Harvey Norman Furniture store is actually going into Reids vacant unit and not Clerys but could be mistaken.

http://www.blanchardstowncentre.ie/news/?nID=369

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Good News:

Bad news;

Heard Boots will be taking on 40 more for the xmas.

Im not suprised to see units closing in the centre with the rent they get charged.

I think the Harvey Norman Furniture store is actually going into Reids vacant unit and not Clerys but could be mistaken.
    Nope, they're moving into Clerys old store, well that is what I was told.

Clerys are having their one day closing down sale on Monday 10th from 10am to 4pm. Not fair, I'll be working :-(
    Wouldn't mind but I only spent 200euro in there last week on curtains grr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

fletch wrote: »
    Clerys are having their one day closing down sale on Monday 10th from 10am to 4pm. Not fair, I'll be working :-(
    Wouldn't mind but I only spent 200euro in there last week on curtains grr

Everything is reduced by 50% already. Takes over an hour to get served tho as the line is so long.

Not a whole lot of stock left.

Not worth visiting on Monday IMO.

Everything is reduced by 50% already. Takes over an hour to get served tho as the line is so long.

Not a whole lot of stock left.

Not worth visiting on Monday IMO.
    Ah right....yeh the place looked gutted already when I looked in.
    Damn I'm sick I missed out!

fletch wrote: »
    Ah right....yeh the place looked gutted already when I looked in.
    Damn I'm sick I missed out!

People were buying loads!!! - Eh hello, it's not a bargain if you don't need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The amount of my friends salivating over the arrival of Nandos is alarming. Am I the only one who doesn't get the fuss??

Omackeral wrote: »
    The amount of my friends salivating over the arrival of Nandos is alarming. Am I the only one who doesn't get the fuss??

I never heard of Nandos about a year ago and wondered what all the fuss was when it seemed to suddenly start "trending" so was in London earlier this year and popped into one. It is a perfectly fine restaurant with tasty enough chicken options but is just a fancier of KFC/Hillbillys imo with an odd half table service/half self service routine and not something I would rave about.

I think it just invests a lot of effort in marketing "coolness" the same way Starbucks does for it's mediocre coffee so that in the end, it's not really the actual food product people are raving about but the "experience" and being able to say they were in or were seen in Nandos or to like or friend it on Facebook....just my opinion! The food is good enough that I'd go back but I found it a little pricey for what you actually got.

• Advertisement

Do people really think it's cool to be seen in Nandos? That's mental. I like it because I like the food. They do great cake too.

I'm only going to Nando's for the food, don't care who does or doesn't see me in there... nom nom chicken...

Big Boots looks good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Do people really think it's cool to be seen in Nandos? That's mental. I like it because I like the food. They do great cake too.

The first day I arrived in Australia in 2007 I went to a food court, absolutely starving, and decided to try this Nando's place. The food was incredible (as far as food court food went anyway). And I had it a few more times whilst in Australia and didn't grow sick of it. Then when I came back to this side of the world, I had it a couple of times on trips to the UK and still found it great.

Now it may be down to the hype about it, or the novelty wearing off, but I don't have the same passion for it since it came to Dublin. The food is the same, and I still like it, but it doesn't feel the same to eat in Nando's now. I can understand both sides of the coin, people like the food but don't like the "Starbucks" type ballyhoo that goes with it.

So to sum up this rambling and ranting post... each to their own.

January wrote: »

Big Boots looks good :)

Is it open today?

The 12th I think. You can see through the shutters though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, Wednesday according to staff there on Saturday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Is it open today?

Opening on Wed 12th according to posters in the window. Does anyone know if both the other Boots are closing then?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

miamee wrote: »
    Opening on Wed 12th according to posters in the window. Does anyone know if both the other Boots are closing then?

yes both stores will be closed as from tomorrow after trading hours

The 12th I think. You can see through the shutters though.

Haha, didn't want to say I had a peek through.

• Advertisement

More details about the new openings in the Blanch SC main website. Nando's is opening in mid November. I see they said KFC has also opened already.

http://www.blanchardstowncentre.ie/news/?nID=373

Over 125 permanent retail jobs created and more to come.
    “I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here” and MTV presenter Laura Whitmore opens the new 20,000sq ft Boots Ireland flagship store in Blanchardstown Centre on Wednesday 12th, September, 2012. This is the largest Boots store to open in Ireland and the UK in 2012 and will replace the two smaller Boots stores in the Centre. The superstore has created an additional 30 new permanent job to add to the 50 staff already employed there and a further 30 temporary staff will be recruited in the lead up to Christmas.
    “We are delighted to have this great addition to the Centre now open. With its super range of products and services I have no doubt it will attract customers from all over the country to Blanchardstown” comments Joe Gavin, General Manager of Blanchardstown Centre.
    Boots is one of many new retailers expanding and opening new stores in Blanchardstown Centre with DFS, the UK’s largest sofa’s retailer, and Woodie’s DIY & Garden Centre having opened a 20,000 sq ft and 60,000 sq ft store respectively in the past number of months. Harvey Norman has recently agreed to open a new 45,000sq ft Furniture & Bedding store, to sit next to their existing electrical store, with the creation of 18 new jobs. The store is to open in late Autumn 2012.
    South African casual dining restaurant NANDO’S will open in mid-November at the Blue Entrance and KFC has opened a 3,500sq ft restaurant next to the Odeon Cinema, both creating in excess of new 40 jobs.
    Other new stores just arrived in Blanchardstown include Mexx Fashion, the Dutch women’s clothing brand found in 65 countries, Skechers, the very popular US footwear retailer, CompuB Apple Reseller, Yankees and Foot Solutions the world’s largest health and wellness retailer dedicated to footwear.
    Blanchardstown Centre currently has 180 stores and will announce further new exciting arrivals shortly.

Advertisement