Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Has Mexx opened yet or does anyone know when it's opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The wording of the press release above says it has just arrived so that suggests to me it has now opened. I'll be in the centre later this week and revert back to confirm if no one else has in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is that up across from Easons where Republic is?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

ongarboy wrote: »
    The wording of the press release above says it has just arrived so that suggests to me it has now opened. I'll be in the centre later this week and revert back to confirm if no one else has in the meantime.

I was in the SC on Saturday and it looked very close to opening (if not already). To be honest, it's not a shop I'd look in normally so didn't pay too close attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It was open yesterday when I was there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Okocim

An alternative view.

Screaming babies, moaning kids, hormonal teenagers hanging around and stressed parents buying ice cream to try and keep it all together in an over crowded monstrocity with not enough toilet facilities and smokers puffing away at the entrances. Welcome to hell...aka Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

^^^

Dude while I respect your opinion I believe you will find a lot / huge amount of people disagree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I used to dislike the centre a lot when I moved over here first and would drive to Liffey Valley instead. However in recent years that has changed and while I try to avoid Saturday and Sunday afternoons, I actually think we have the best shopping centre in the city on our doorsteps. Yes Dundrum is glamorous but it's got designer shops in place of the stuff people actually need eg Dunnes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Okocim wrote: »
    An alternative view.

Screaming babies, moaning kids, hormonal teenagers hanging around and stressed parents buying ice cream to try and keep it all together in an over crowded monstrocity with not enough toilet facilities and smokers puffing away at the entrances. Welcome to hell...aka Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. :eek:

MdL3j.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

An alternative view.

I agree it can be hectic on weekend afternoons - even driving into the centre can give you grief but as the other poster said, it is my favourite SC in the country too. My relatives who visit me from down the country love it too and rather it to the city centre!

It has improved in recent years with a better calibre of shops without being too pricey a la Dundrum. Thursday or Friday evening is my favourite time to shop there - there's almost a calm, relaxing mood. No queues for changing rooms, tills or the restaurants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Number_5

An alternative view.

Screaming babies, moaning kids, hormonal teenagers hanging around and stressed parents buying ice cream

I hear you but that's part and parcel of life - growing up and raising kids!

We have the choice to embrace it or be unhappy.

I personally think that the blanchardstown center is fantastic for the area.

The drama at Blanchardstown Centre continues..some ''highlights'' from my last couple of visits there.

Three security men from PC World chasing a shop lifter down the path twards the Ben Dunne gym, the shop lifter drops his bag of loot before being caught and disappears into the distance...

A kid in a pram shouts out ''Mam, you didn't pay for that'' as woman with pram wearing cheap Penneys type leggins walks out of Lidl (due respect to all other Penneys leggins wearing people)...shop staff look at each other knowingly but do nothing...kids, always speaking up at inappropriate times to embarass their parents!:eek: No doubt mum will be sending in the child in a couple of years to get some free Lidl gear!!

A ginger haired ''chung wun'' in Baretts shoe store ''helping'' me with a couple of fittings....gave me the wrong promotion prices, fair enough I thought, mistakes can be made, but then found myself being scoulded by same ''chung wun'' who comments ''why, do you not have the extra 21 euros''? before throwing her eyes to the ceiling as if in a scene from Jersey Shore!! Needless to say Barretts lost out on about 80 euros there and Marks and Spencer were the beneficiary....epic fail ''chung wun''

To be fair, there was a black haired girl in Barretts with a halo/hairband type thing on her hair who was very helpful and pleasant when I was there a couple of days ago. Ginger ''chung wun'' lost Barretts a couple of sales though.

On the plus side, my umbrella wasn't stolen this time...ah, but yes, that would be because I didn't go into Dunnes Stores this time...:eek:

You couldn't make this stuff up if you wanted to...the scum bag element is rising in the Blanchardstown Centre. Only decent time to go there if at all is between 9am - 11am when the scum bags are still in bed sleeping off the cans and pills from the night before and or clogging up A&E at Connolly hospital. Ther centre is a gangsters paradise at other times apart from that from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

The drama at Blanchardstown Centre continues..some ''highlights'' from my last couple of visits there.

Three security men from PC World chasing a shop lifter down the path twards the Ben Dunne gym, the shop lifter drops his bag of loot before being caught and disappears into the distance...

A kid in a pram shouts out ''Mam, you didn't pay for that'' as woman with pram wearing cheap Penneys type leggins walks out of Lidl (due respect to all other Penneys leggins wearing people)...shop staff look at each other knowingly but do nothing...kids, always speaking up at inappropriate times to embarass their parents!:eek: No doubt mum will be sending in the child in a couple of years to get some free Lidl gear!!

A ginger haired ''chung wun'' in Baretts shoe store ''helping'' me with a couple of fittings....gave me the wrong promotion prices, fair enough I thought, mistakes can be made, but then found myself being scoulded by same ''chung wun'' who comments ''why, do you not have the extra 21 euros''? before throwing her eyes to the ceiling as if in a scene from Jersey Shore!! Needless to say Barretts lost out on about 80 euros there and Marks and Spencer were the beneficiary....epic fail ''chung wun''

To be fair, there was a black haired girl in Barretts with a halo/hairband type thing on her hair who was very helpful and pleasant when I was there a couple of days ago. Ginger ''chung wun'' lost Barretts a couple of sales though.

On the plus side, my umbrella wasn't stolen this time...ah, but yes, that would be because I didn't go into Dunnes Stores this time...:eek:

You couldn't make this stuff if you wanted to...the scum bag element is rising in the Blanchardstown Centre. Only decent time to go there if at all is between 9am - 11am when the scum bags are still in bed sleeping off the cans and pills from the night before and or clogging up A&E at Connolly hospital.

You might want to consider online shopping! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

You couldn't make this stuff up if you wanted to...the scum bag element is rising in the Blanchardstown Centre. Only decent time to go there if at all is between 9am - 11am when the scum bags are still in bed sleeping off the cans and pills from the night before and or clogging up A&E at Connolly hospital. Ther centre is a gangsters paradise at other times apart from that from what I can see.

You worry too much the centre is grand. Fair enough it can wreck my head some times especially parents who dont mind their kids and when its very busy but all in all its a grand place. If you hate it that much then why do you keep going there?
    Okocim, i say you have a seizure when you go into town :).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Avoid the centre on Saturday & Sunday afternoons and you'll be grand. Same applies to most big shops/shopping centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

An alternative view.

amdublin wrote: »
    ^^^

Dude while I respect your opinion I believe you will find a lot / huge amount of people disagree with you.

most of what he says is correct and cant be argued with.

i have highlighted all the facts for you.

there really can be no disagreement about it

Oh hells bells here we go with that stupid smoking thing again!!!!

Lookit! That poster went on a rant before about smokers outside the towncentre I don't recall any one agreeing with him/her.

I don't think it is "over crowded". It's a shopping centre; when they're busy they are "bustley". Like any other shopping centre is. Dundrum for example.

And certainly the bathrooms are more than adequate in my opinion. Particularly since they extended the ladies toilets downstairs (beside the flower shop) to more than triple it's original size!!

I've never had to queue for a loo (I'm a poet!) since the extension and before that never more than a minute or two.

As for the others highlighted in your post. Well that's just life for you. Which you get in any shopping centre, not just the towncentre.

Not surprised with some of the defensive tactics on some of the replies from some posters who either work at the Blanchardstown Centre and or have family members and or friends working there after my last couple of posts. Human nature dictates that some like to fool themselves into thinking things are better than they actually are when they can't and or won't face up to reality and or can't do anything about it. Then there are those who don't know that they don't know. That's just the way human beings react, part of our psychological make up when it comes to dealing with issues be that about the Blanchardstown Centre or any thing else.

On -line shopping! :):):)

Shopping in town is a pleasure once you know to avoid junkie central zones who have taken over North Earl Street, O'Connell Street, Parnell Street and Marlborough Street.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Not surprised with some of the defensive tactics on some of the replies from some posters who either work at the Blanchardstown Centre and or have family members and or friends working there after my last couple of posts.

So do you have empirical evidence that those who disagree with your posts work in the centre? Or that their family members do?
    That's just the way human beings react, part of our psychological make up when it comes to dealing with issues be that about the Blanchardstown Centre or any thing else.

Such as people disagreeing with your point of view perhaps?

Yes, some posters on various threads have stated that they work in the centre and or have friends who work in Blanchardstown centre on previous threads on this forum, so I take them at their word on that. No reason to doubt what they say.

And just as human beings are selective about what they choose to believe some are also selective about what parts of posts to quote to suit their own agenda. :)

Some will post agreement, some will post disagreement, such is life.

Helpful staff at Schu in the centre when I was last in there.

• Advertisement

???

I've never said that in my life. For the record: I don't work in the TC or know anyone who works there.

I just happen to live local and like the TC. So shoot me!

It's amaging the conversations you over hear going up the escalators in the shopping centre. Random trakkie wearing skanger shouts at the top of his voice across to well dressed middle aged male with a smell of alcohol off his breath on the other escalator going in the opposite direction ....

''How's Paddy getting on.''

''He's in Cloverhill, getting sentenced tomorrow''

''Ah right, sure tell him I was asking for him''

''No worries''.

Nice of them to share this nugget of information with everyone else. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The world's gone mad Ted, you're right there Dougal. :eek:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Ok Okocim, we get it that you don't like the centre. However using a conversation that could take place anywhere is just plain ridiculous. I suggest you refrain from posting in this thread in future to save yourself the aggravation of speaking to lots of people who seem to like the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Sounds like you'd be more comfortable Okocim living in blackrock and shopping in Dundrum.

Yet more personalised and defensive replies...I must have struck a raw nerve there.

Zaph, it is interesting that you originally posted that the conversation was ''imaginary'', but you subsequently had the good sense to remove that word...

I will post what I see fit to post when I see fit to post it within Board rules and will not be bullied by any member on this thread who suggests that I do otherwise.

In all honesty, what decent normal person wants to hear that type of crap while going about ones business in any shopping centre or any where else for that matter be that in Blanchardstown or Dundrum or anywhere else.

It does seem that some have become desensitised to what is going on right in front of their own noses and adopt the fools paradise stance of denial.

Get real.

It's amaging the conversations you over hear going up the escalators in the shopping centre. Random trakkie wearing skanger shouts at the top of his voice across to well dressed middle aged male with a smell of alcohol off his breath on the other escalator going in the opposite direction ....

''How's Paddy getting on.''

''He's in Cloverhill, getting sentenced tomorrow''

''Ah right, sure tell him I was asking for him''

''No worries''.

Nice of them to share this nugget of information with everyone else. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The world's gone mad Ted, you're right there Dougal. :eek:
    Yet more personalised and defensive replies...I must have struck a raw nerve there.

Zaph, it is interesting that you originally posted that the conversation was ''imaginary'', but you subsequently had the good sense to remove that word...

I will post what I see fit to post when I see fit to post it within Board rules and will not be bullied by any member on this thread who suggests that I do otherwise.

In all honesty, what decent normal person wants to hear that type of crap while going about ones business in any shopping centre or any where else for that matter be that in Blanchardstown or Dundrum or anywhere else.

It does seem that some have become desensitised to what is going on right in front of their own noses and adopt the fools paradise stance of denial.

Get real.

People are free to have whatever conversations they like in public areas.

Or, Okocim, are you suggesting that everyone must censor what they say due to your personal sensibilities?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

We don't but when we venture outside of our homes we encounter Hoi polloi and just have to bear with it. I don't see how banging on about it on an internet forum helps. Honestly if that is all your posts are then you might find a better reception in the ranting and raving forum.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not really, people are just fed up listening to your constant bleating on about the same thing. Change the record or just stop posting in this thread if the place offends you so much.

That was due to where you typed "amaging", and I misread it as imagining. My post was corrected about 30 seconds later, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I see no evidence of you being bullied, however you are constantly annoying everybody else on this thread with your one man crusade against a shopping centre. You've made your point, repeatedly, so there's no need to keep hammering it home.

To be honest, I find nothing particularly offensive about the exchange you posted. I'm guessing from your reaction that you don't know anyone in prison, no more than I do. However just because someone does happen to know someone in jail doesn't automatically make them a criminal. And regardless of their status, people are entitled to talk about whatever they like.

Now, after that little detour can we all please get back on-topic. If anyone wants to discuss what can and can't be said in public please take it to PM.

• Advertisement

Keep on trippin in the gangstas paradise then.

Over and out.

Advertisement