Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Okocim banned from forum for a week for ignoring mod instruction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

More about beeping behind or near errant motorists, don't do it unless it is to prevent damage to your car or another person or object but otherwise keep your beeps to yourself.

There are too many crazies out there and rats, caught in a confined space or environment tend to eat each other.

Always keep some distance from the car in front in stalled traffic and be prepared to move off quickly if confronted by people up to no good.

I know several people attacked by pedestrians while in their car and by other motorists in disagreements over perceived bad driving. Leave that stuff to the Guards and don't get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

This post has been deleted.

Another offence especially in the carpark around TK Maxx is that when there is large tracts of empty parking spaces, some drivers just drive (fast) across the empty spaces as if it's a free for all instead of sticking to the designated driving lanes. Twice, I've nearly collided with someone this way when they come flying out onto the road (and you may not see them if they come out behind a parked SUV/jeep type vehicle) and of course not yielding to the traffic already on the road.

You really have to have good reaction and optimum observation/anticipation skills around there!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

ongarboy wrote: »
    Another offence especially in the carpark around TK Maxx is that when there is large tracts of empty parking spaces, some drivers just drive (fast) across the empty spaces as if it's a free for all instead of sticking to the designated driving lanes. Twice, I've nearly collided with someone this way when they come flying out onto the road (and you may not see them if they come out behind a parked SUV/jeep type vehicle) and of course not yielding to the traffic already on the road.

You really have to have good reaction and optimum observation/anticipation skills around there!

The car park next to 53 Degrees North can be a nightmare at night. I don't know why they never lock the gates in there (or not til very late) but there are often gatherings of several cars racing each other round the place, revving their engines, handbrake turns, rallying round the place, showing off. As a local resident, it's a pain in the backside to have to listen to. In fact, I think I have just convinced myself to write a strongly worded email about closing the gates :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'd assume it's because people going to captain americas / wagamama would park in there.

How late in particular are you talking?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd assume it's because people going to captain americas / wagamama would park in there.

How late in particular are you talking?

Oh you are right, I didn't think of them :o Usually about 10 or 11pm. Pity they can't close off the TK Maxx end of it. In the mornings they have the other half blocked off to traffic, presumably to stop commuters using the spaces nearest the shops for park & ride. Maybe I should suggest they do the same in the evenings to keep people out of the other end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Starbucks in New Look is closed down. Nandos is opening on 14 Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

:eek: any reason given for the Starbucks closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

I thought they where reinventing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

There was a Starbucks in New Look?? Theres a contradiction, probably why it didnt last

Wheres the Nando's going in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

New "News" is old News.

Nandos, which I can only assume puts crack cocaine into their food such is the craziness some people have for expensive KFC with fancier sauce, is going beside Mickey Ds at the cinema entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

That would be the Starbucks franchise which was upstair in boarders, before it became newlook, it's not a good spot for it now that it's a clothes shop, it means a lot less footfall.

In fairness, there are 4 other Starbucks in the vicinity, closing down the one hidden away in a clothes shop is hardly a surprise. Especially with a large Costa Coffee right outside.

It was always one of the better ones purely for that reason though, always plenty of space and comfier seats than the others.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It was always one of the better ones purely for that reason though, always plenty of space and comfier seats than the others.

I agree , the staff where lovely to , always the same 4-5 people.

Tried the Red entrance and the mamma a papas ones and they seem to be tiny or laid out wrong. The coffee didnt taste as good in the red entrance one either .
    I haven't tried the cinema or plex ones , but I know of someones phone getting robbed in the plex one , so wont be rushing into that one.

The one at the plex has a fairly cold feel to it, it's not somewhere you want to sit and relax for a while. If you get the seats to the immediate left as you walk in the one at the red entrance then you're sorted. Same with the one at Mamas and Papas, there's only 2 or 3 lots of decent sitting where you can cabbage.

I wouldn't mind, I've never had a coffee out of Starbucks, I only ever go for their hot chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I remember being in Edinburgh probably 8 years ago before Starbucks ever came to Ireland and not believing the number of outlets it had in one town, so I suppose I shouldnt be surprised that there are 4 or 5 in one shopping complex. The figures on their world expansion is mind boggling

Year Outlets
    1971 1
    1984 2
    1992 165
    2003 6,400
    2012 19,972

By 2050 every home will have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I think that Starbucks that opened in Borders was the first one in Blanch, am I correct? Borders and Starbucks together was such a great combination, you could bring books upstairs and read them a bit over a coffee before you bought them.

Nandos will be a nice alternative to Eddie Rockets but I don't think it will cause the likes of Burger King or McDonalds to loose any business. I was in Dundrum at the weekend but didn't go to Nandos, instead we tried the new Jamie Oliver restaurant next door, food was very very good. I think Nando's has hit it's saturation point now and will start on a slow decline similar to the likes of Spur Steakhouse before it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Arciphel wrote: »
    I think that Starbucks that opened in Borders was the first one in Blanch, am I correct? Borders and Starbucks together was such a great combination, you could bring books upstairs and read them a bit over a coffee before you bought them.

Nandos will be a nice alternative to Eddie Rockets but I don't think it will cause the likes of Burger King or McDonalds to loose any business. I was in Dundrum at the weekend but didn't go to Nandos, instead we tried the new Jamie Oliver restaurant next door, food was very very good. I think Nando's has hit it's saturation point now and will start on a slow decline similar to the likes of Spur Steakhouse before it...

Not surprised about Starbucks really - went there possibly a dozen times when Borders was open but never when New Look opened - forgot it was there tbh. Books and coffee have the right mix - clothing and coffee...not so much. I'm guessing a lot of other customers felt the same Agreed that it probably was the nicest and most relaxing of the stores in Blanch but there are more than enough alternatives in the vicinity.

I'd say Nandos will do well alright. It will pitch at a different crowd then the regular fastfood chains nearby as I'd say an average meal price will be over €10 so Eddie's will be more it's competitor. Is there a second unit next to Nandos also to be a restaurant? I think a Mexican restaurant would be a welcome addition (even one of those burrito cheap and cheerful type places that seem to be popping up all over the city centre).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not surprised about Starbucks really - went there possibly a dozen times when Borders was open but never when New Look opened - forgot it was there tbh. Books and coffee have the right mix - clothing and coffee...not so much. I'm guessing a lot of other customers felt the same Agreed that it probably was the nicest and most relaxing of the stores in Blanch but there are more than enough alternatives in the vicinity.

I'd say Nandos will do well alright. It will pitch at a different crowd then the regular fastfood chains nearby as I'd say an average meal price will be over €10 so Eddie's will be more it's competitor. Is there a second unit next to Nandos also to be a restaurant? I think a Mexican restaurant would be a welcome addition (even one of those burrito cheap and cheerful type places that seem to be popping up all over the city centre).

Nando's is very nice but it is very expensive for what you get. It is basically just chicken and chips but give someone a plate and a real knife and fork and you can get away with charging an extra few quid.

I agree with you on the Mexican though, I've become addicted to those burritos recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

jeffk wrote: »
    I agree , the staff where lovely to , always the same 4-5 people.

Tried the Red entrance and the mamma a papas ones and they seem to be tiny or laid out wrong. The coffee didnt taste as good in the red entrance one either .
    I haven't tried the cinema or plex ones , but I know of someones phone getting robbed in the plex one , so wont be rushing into that one.

how was the phone robbed ?

did they leave their phone on the table like so many people like to do ?

green123 wrote: »
    how was the phone robbed ?

did they leave their phone on the table like so many people like to do ?

As far as I know she left it on the table sitting with a group to go up a get sugar or something.

Ok she shouldn't have , but youd think it would be ok with a group of people at the table

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

blanch centre needs a boojum,all i am saying :) (if anyone knows what im talking about)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Arciphel wrote: »
    I think that Starbucks that opened in Borders was the first one in Blanch, am I correct? Borders and Starbucks together was such a great combination, you could bring books upstairs and read them a bit completly over a coffee before you bought them walked out.

FYP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

As far as I know she left it on the table sitting with a group to go up a get sugar or something.

Ok she shouldn't have , but youd think it would be ok with a group of people at the table

no, i wouldnt think that it would be ok.

i dont know why phones need to be left out on tables.

thieves are opportunistic.
    dont give them easy opportunities.

so, i see no reason to avoid that starbucks

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

Anyone know if the new Harvey Norman store is open yet? Or if it will be any time soon?

Thanks

run44 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the new Harvey Norman store is open yet? Or if it will be any time soon?

Thanks

They have been working on the exterior this week anyway getting the signs up and making it obvious that it is one giant store. I'm not sure if it has opened yet though - no doubt there will be plenty of ads about it when it officially is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭run44

miamee wrote: »
    They have been working on the exterior this week anyway getting the signs up and making it obvious that it is one giant store. I'm not sure if it has opened yet though - no doubt there will be plenty of ads about it when it officially is open.

Thanks for the reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Nando's is supposed to be opening today...

Advertisement