Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yep, at 12 according to their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Did they have a soft opening, I wonder? I thought I saw people in eating yesterday?

They've had people in for a few nights. I think it was invite only. We were eating in Eddie Rockets last week and I saw a lot of people walking up to the door, trying to open it and then noticing the two signs on it that I can only imagine said that they were not open yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yup, invite only for the past week so they can train their staff in.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

run44 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the new Harvey Norman store is open yet? Or if it will be any time soon?

Thanks

yes they've opened,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

glossy wrote: »
    yes they've opened,,,

I've noticed Harvey Norman have taken both the old Clerys and Reids stores to add to their existing store so they really now dominate that part of the retail park.

I see Specsavers are advertising job vacancies for a new store in the Centre. I bet Vision Express won't be too pleased!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

run44 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the new Harvey Norman store is open yet? Or if it will be any time soon?

Thanks

I was in the "normal" (appliances etc) HN store today. According to signage the furniture part is to open later this month, either the 28th or the 29th, can't remember which. It's definitely not open yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

oopps that my bad, i seen people going in from a distance " tought"to myself oh it must be opened... must of been builders so.
    Went in today they have signs says 28th Nov for they opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Mr Hole wrote: »
    <random spoutings>

Good man yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Good man yourself.

Don't feed the troll!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ongarboy wrote: »
    I see Specsavers are advertising job vacancies for a new store in the Centre. I bet Vision Express won't be too pleased!

Maybe they did'nt see it ...... should have gone to>> :p

Article in today's Irish Times regarding new openings in Blanch for Milano, Gap and Nike. Good boost and glad to see the evening time eating options improve further.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2013/0213/1224329974083.html

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

ongarboy wrote: »
    Article in today's Irish Times regarding new openings in Blanch for Milano, Gap and Nike. Good boost and glad to see the evening time eating options improve further.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2013/0213/1224329974083.html

Great news - I didn't realise that Halfords was closing/has closed though.

Halfords has moved. It's next to DFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The article says
    the first GAP outlet in the Republic.
    there's one in Dundrum.

Milanos will be good to have, although it will put pressure on Dantes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

The Gap in Dundrum is just a regular Gap store, this one is going to be an Outlet (cut-price) store. Same as the one up the north in Banbridge, which is about 40% cheaper I'd say. Owners of the store in Dundrum will feel a hit I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ah, I read outlet and just being that in the traditional sense, like a McDonalds outlet, a Halfords outlet etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

ThisRegard wrote: »
    although it will put pressure on Dantes.

That can only be a good thing, make them up their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Arciphel wrote: »
    The Gap in Dundrum is just a regular Gap store, this one is going to be an Outlet (cut-price) store. Same as the one up the north in Banbridge, which is about 40% cheaper I'd say. Owners of the store in Dundrum will feel a hit I'd say.

Are you sure it's an outlet as you say? Or just a gap shop?
    Outlets tend to be (but not always) in outlet malls like Kildare village rather than in a regular retail park.
    My mother in law lives across the road from a good sized one in Alabama so Christmas means shopping.

• Advertisement

There's no Gap outlet in Kildare village, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Arciphel wrote: »
    There's no Gap outlet in Kildare village, is there?
    There isn't. http://www.kildarevillage.com/en/brands/brands

daymobrew wrote: »

Yeah thought so. The Gap Outlet up in Banbridge in NI is good, it's about an hour and ten minutes from Dublin though. If this one has the same selection (which it should based on the size of it) then it'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Is Gap open yet in Blanch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

sambora wrote: »
    Is Gap open yet in Blanch?

Not yet I heard march sometime

thomasj wrote: »
    Not yet I heard march sometime

They have GAP Outlet logos all over the unit now saying Opening Soon so March sounds about right.

I was in the new Nike Outlet store next door to it yesterday - a good selection but the prices seem more like full price rather than outlet or discount prices.

Yeah the Nike outlet is poor enough. Not cheap and for shoes they only have the atypical sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Was over there yesterday and noticed Republic is now gone. Hopefully it won't be long before there is a new tenant. There is only so much advertising they can use to hide the empty shops.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Was over there yesterday and noticed Republic is now gone. Hopefully it won't be long before there is a new tenant. There is only so much advertising they can use to hide the empty shops.

Republic went into administration a couple of days ago there are rumours that the uk group sports direct are buying them out but even if they are, what that means for Irish operations is anyone's guess.

• Advertisement

thomasj wrote: »

Republic went into administration a couple of days ago there are rumours that the uk group sports direct are buying them out but even if they are, what that means for Irish operations is anyone's guess.

Not looking like good news - Irish times posted this 2 days ago online
    SNIP

Advertisement