Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Guys, copying chunks of text from other sites is not allowed, just put a link to the website where you found the info.

Blame Sean Sherlock for this craziness, not boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Good news - I see hoarding up in the old HMV announcing that fashion retailer Superdry is opening soon there.

I'm surprised that the old Boots unit near the cinema is still vacant after a year though - thought it would be an attractive unit for a retailer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Pity HMV aren't re-opening there. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Zaph wrote: »
    Pity HMV aren't re-opening there. :(

HMV are opening in Xtravision? Blanchardstown is one of their partnership shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

athtrasna wrote: »
    HMV are opening in Xtravision? Blanchardstown is one of their partnership shops

Xtravision is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Xtravision is gone

http://www.hotpress.com/HMV/news/HMV-to-integrate-with-12-further-Xtravision-stores/10288437.html
    With HMV well and truly back in business, it has been announced that the music retailer will partner up in the form of an in-store presence with 12 more Xtra-vision outlets nationwide.
    Those new HMV/Xtra-vision amalgams are as follows:

Portlaoise, Wicklow, Shannon, Cavan, Balbriggan, Enniscorthy, Letterkenny, Clonmel, Newbridge, Wexford, Edenderry and Blanchardstown.

An "in-store presence" in a unit well away from the main centre sounds a bit crap tbh. I have visions of the HMV part being tucked away in the corner of the shop with a stock selection worse than a Golden Discs shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

no I think the xtra vision is going to reopen up as a HMV....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's going to be a HMV/Xtravision combo

• Advertisement

Ah, that's different. Still a crap location for that type of business though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Zaph wrote: »
    Ah, that's different. Still a crap location for that type of business though.

If they opened a slightly different, more adult kind of music shop it could actually be brilliant. Decent music, away from the centre's crowds, a bit like a daddy's refuge - I'd be there in a shot! A bit like Borders was compared to Easons. Maybe not financially viable, but they obviously need to try something different.

Chances are though that it'll be just like the old HMV, with fewer customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I see Dunnes in the centre finally got some self-service checkouts. They have a good few of them too. Good news for those of us who don't want to risk being ignored by a member of staff who is too busy chatting to a colleague.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I see Dunnes in the centre finally got some self-service checkouts. They have a good few of them too. Good news for those of us who don't want to risk being ignored by a member of staff who is too busy chatting to a colleague.

Unless you want to buy booze or razor blades, in which case you can be ignored by the single attendant while you wait for him or her to enter the code. I really dislike that store for any number of inconveniences.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GZ250

I really dislike Dunnes Stores in Blanch Centre (grocery dept) and it's only because of the staff! They all seem to hate their job, are not a bit friendly or pleasant.

Perhaps I'll give them a try again now that they have self-service check-outs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

GZ250 wrote: »
    I really dislike Dunnes Stores in Blanch Centre (grocery dept) and it's only because of the staff! They all seem to hate their job, are not a bit friendly or pleasant.

I couldn't disagree more. I've never come away from doing my shopping there thinking that ther person I was dealing with was grumpy or rude or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

I always have a chat and a bit of a laugh with whoever is on the checkout, never been ignored, have been going shopping at least once every 2 weeks or so for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Yeah, I go there pretty much every weekend and have never had any problem at all with the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GZ250

:) Good to hear, I'll give them another try!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

GZ250 wrote: »

Perhaps I'll give them a try again now that they have self-service check-outs.
    maybe its a reflection of the management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Did Super Dry open in the centre yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Did Super Dry open in the centre yet?

Yes it's open where HMV used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Yes it's open where HMV used to be

A fine big store it is too! A bit on the pricey side maybe but Blanch probably needs a few upmarket stores to add to it's mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ongarboy wrote: »
    A fine big store it is too! A bit on the pricey side maybe but Blanch probably needs a few upmarket stores to add to it's mix.

Upmarket tracksuit bottoms and tops?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThisRegard wrote: »

Why what are you implying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Implying nothing, just that they're the type of stuff I notice most from there, probably because of the big branding all over.
    I wouldn't class it as upmarket, just expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

horse7 wrote: »
    maybe its a reflection of the management.

very very very good point :) in most cases and from expeirence its very ture, not because i didnt get good shifts :P the lack of motivation, caring attitude could have something to do with it
    ThisRegard wrote: »

:P:D i lol'd so true , over priced tat , basically paying to be a day to day walking marketing campaign and advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I see a Leonidas shop opened beside the information centre.

Save the hike of going into Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Murt10 wrote: »

Save the hike of going into Town.

I think it's a little bit more expensive than the one in town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Murt10 wrote: »
    It is beside the Customer Service desk, replacing the Sky shop.

Advertisement