Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location to conduct grinds??

Options
  • 10-01-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey all...

Just looking for some advice...I am looking to start Spanish lessons here. I have my teacher all set up however we have no location in which to conduct these...We are looking for a room in the city for maybe a couple of hrs every week just to do the lessons...

any suggestions greatly appreciated !:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

The YMCA? Failing that book a hotel room for your "lessons" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

just a suggestion.... I know costigans bar have a snug area upstairs by the toilet - perhaps if you give them a shout and explain they might be able to reserve it for you.

Its by the toilets and I'd say would seat about 6 to 8 ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

I think over Cunneens / Bernard Hayes travel there were rooms to let. Opposite the bar which was Scotts but is now THe Oliver Plunkett ( just to confuse matters ! )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

If you're just looking for a place for yourself and the teacher head up to the O'Rahilly Building in UCC, or the Student Centre hall (although it has weird opening hours in the hall.) There's loads of UCC students getting grinds around there, and a fair few students giving grinds to leaving cert students.

Just try and avoid going into the library. UCC Students get narky about people using it when they shouldn't be (not that a student would say anything to you.)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Buceph wrote: »
    If you're just looking for a place for yourself and the teacher head up to the O'Rahilly Building in UCC, or the Student Centre hall (although it has weird opening hours in the hall.) There's loads of UCC students getting grinds around there, and a fair few students giving grinds to leaving cert students.

Just try and avoid going into the library. UCC Students get narky about people using it when they shouldn't be (not that a student would say anything to you.)

Im guessing Spanish lessons arent exactly going to work out in the student centre.

Also O'Rahilly Building is not for public use so could be issues there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

castie wrote: »
    Im guessing Spanish lessons arent exactly going to work out in the student centre.

Also O'Rahilly Building is not for public use so could be issues there.

I thought it was a one-on-one lesson the OP was talking about. If it's a group thing, and a commercial thing, then the Student Centre will rent rooms, as do the different departments in the ORB, so getting onto the Spanish dept. might yield results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

You could try upstairs in "Le Chateau" on Patrick Street, they have a small room with a fire that is generally quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Kentish

ya its one to one lessons...I was in contact with UCC but they are looking for something like 60 eur just to rent a small room :(
    Hopefully i can find somewhere thats free tbh and thanks a mill for all the suggestions so far..will def try and contact some of the mentioned locations!!

Advertisement