Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to bring and what to leave behind....

Options
  • 10-01-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Bit the bullet today, I fly to brisbane in less than two wk's!!any advice on what I should or shouldn't bring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

If you are coming on a WHV then just bring what you usually bring when you go on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

What to bring? Bring a positive attitude, it goes along way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Was reading something similar to this on another thread a few days ago. I am off in 7 weeks so was looking for info also! :)

People were saying there are no Pennys!!! So stock up!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Bit the bullet today, I fly to brisbane in less than two wk's!!any advice on what I should or shouldn't bring?

Pack light, me and the girlfriend are sending a whole suitcase full of clothes home.. we brought too much

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

master-t wrote: »
    Was reading something similar to this on another thread a few days ago. I am off in 7 weeks so was looking for info also! :)

People were saying there are no Pennys!!! So stock up!! :D

There's Target. And K-Mart. And Big W.

All just as **** as Penny's so you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jackthesniffer

Your passport

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Xavi6 wrote: »

I found Penny's clothes to be far Superior than the ****e you get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

jank wrote: »
    I found Penny's clothes to be far Superior than the ****e you get here.

Ah to be fair penny's gear is fairly muck - apart from getting cheap work clothes - shirts, pants, ties etc

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

I actually think bring a fair bit. I brought way way way to little and had to buy it all over there and it cost a bomb. Bring your work clothes, jeans, shoes goin out clothes etc I heard a lot of fellas saying jeans/work clothes arent great , underware!! A multi socket extention cord is always helpful.
    I also think target/k-mart arent great, ya pennys clothes arnt the best quality either but at least its cheap. I think about 20 kg's would be a good weight to bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Dark clothes! You forget that they dont go well with heat.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

Hello

- a good Cv
    - employer references
    - certified copies of birth certificates, education certificates etc as well as scan copies to your email account etc
    - good travel insurance

Leave behind a copy of passport, travel policy, itinerary etc with someone in case it is lost.

Enjoy, Liz

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

like Liz says,

Scans of everything, you may get sponsored and need references and CV and copy of WHV.
    Copies of your approved visa email and insurance.
    Jeans and runners there mental prices over here but i always order off jdsports and they ship for 10 quid for a big parcel

Exam results, driving license just thinkin of everything incase you intend to stay,

Cheap short n wife beaters from unique and what ever summer clothest you think of.

My Ma shipped 20 Kilos over for 130 Euro in 2010, suits, laptop PS3 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Xavi6 wrote: »

Pennys are good for your cheap socks and boxers. Also some handy work gear too. I've been warned that not only are clothes very expensive, but the K-Mart and Target gear is ****. At least Pennys won't chaf! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Pennys are good for your cheap socks and boxers. Also some handy work gear too. I've been warned that not only are clothes very expensive, but the K-Mart and Target gear is ****. At least Pennys won't chaf! :)

For that type of stuff you should try somewhere like BONDs factory outlet, it's cheaper but better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I would disagree with that, - electrical stuff yeah but clothes, they are okay
    I usually buy a few tshirts, shorts, socks and sports tops for gym etc - usually last me a while

Advertisement